Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

An Announcement


Recommended Posts

theculturewarrior
Posted
Someone had better give me some reason not to move this to the Lame Board....

 

You know, HSM, some of the cyberbullying that I have seen here can be excused by the relative immaturity of the bullies who are doing these things.  "Oh yeah, broski" are not the words of a man of deep thought.  Their foolishness does not hurt me at all.  The fact that I am trying to serve God by helping people and that you have endorsed their harassment with your silence makes my job impossible.  If I wanted a hostile workplace, I would find a University job quick.  And at the same, while I am trying to help people, you are closely moderating me, and letting these kids get away with murder.  God bless you and God bless Phatmass.  Believe it or not, I really do have a life.

Posted

Were you not saying just last night that you and I were cool or something? This is getting kind of weird.

To Jesus Through Mary
Posted
Your sharp wit, can it be more startling than your profound humility ?

 

ed

:hehe:

 

You know, HSM, some of the cyberbullying that I have seen here can be excused by the relative immaturity of the bullies who are doing these things.  "Oh yeah, broski" are not the words of a man of deep thought.  Their foolishness does not hurt me at all.  The fact that I am trying to serve God by helping people and that you have endorsed their harassment with your silence makes my job impossible.  If I wanted a hostile workplace, I would find a University job quick.  And at the same, while I am trying to help people, you are closely moderating me, and letting these kids get away with murder.  God bless you and God bless Phatmass.  Believe it or not, I really do have a life.

Dude stop playing the victim. We are not all out to get you. You post pretty out there posts thus you are going to get pretty out there responses. You have been around PM long enough to know that. Nihil is going to respond intelligibly sometimes sometimes and other times he is going to post ponies and lunk pictures. Depends on the personality we are dealing with that day. ;)

 

After you start having some mercy on Nihil for his condition- maybe look at your OP and think of what kind of response would have satified you? I mean seriously re-read this post. What would you have liked us to say?

 

I am here to search for truth.  The truth that I have already found is in the Catholic Faith. The truth that I hope to find will supplement my Catholic faith.  I believe that the truth stands on it own.  I do not have to sell it.  I do not have to debunk everything else that's out there to prove the truth to myself.  I am not playing a video game where whoever converts the most heathen wins.  I am trying to learn about myself and others.

 

If a Catholic presents an argument to an atheist or an agnostic that is bigotted or close-minded, this will get in the way.  I will join my atheist and agnostic friends in making quick work of it (whether they like it or not).  You have been warned.

theculturewarrior
Posted (edited)

If you do not know how to respond, say this: "duly noted."

 

I wrote this for very good reasons.  You may not understand them, but others do.  And sabotaging whatever doesn't make sense to you, well, why?  It is just evident of a climate of cyberbullying and it seems to be encouraged.

Edited by theculturewarrior
theculturewarrior
Posted

Have you noticed that nobody has even asked why I posted it?  Everybody just jumped on me.

Posted

I think a lolwut pear is in order here.

Posted
I think I'm done here.  If God wants me to contribute to Phatmass, he will make it happen.  God bless.

 

No! Please don't deprive us of further flyting.

theculturewarrior
Posted
No! Please don't deprive us of further flyting.

 

I think we finally agree on something.  Just let this thread die so I can go home.  Stop sucking me in, Phatmass.

Posted

The choice is always yours.

Posted

Duly noted. Thanks for the warning.

theculturewarrior
Posted

I have a really high IQ.  I have only been despised for it, whether I announce it or not, and when I publish it to room full of strangers, it is because I am willing to be despised for God.  Catholics push people away from the Church everyday.  One way they do this is by arguing on behalf of the Church without understanding the person to whom the argument is made, or even at times the Church that they represent.  I felt called to those people, the alienated Catholics.  I did not want the scandal of intolerance to stand in my way, and to that end, I would have discredited any intolerant argument that might have pushed someone away from the Church.  I have made people feel really small with my high IQ entirely by accident.  To you that probably sounds arrogant but they are painful memories for me.  I put this here hoping to limit the damage.  If this is ridiculous, enjoy.  I don't understand anybody anymore.  Please let me leave.

homeschoolmom
Posted
I have a really high IQ.  I have only been despised for it, whether I announce it or not, and when I publish it to room full of strangers, it is because I am willing to be despised for God.  Catholics push people away from the Church everyday.  One way they do this is by arguing on behalf of the Church without understanding the person to whom the argument is made, or even at times the Church that they represent.  I felt called to those people, the alienated Catholics.  I did not want the scandal of intolerance to stand in my way, and to that end, I would have discredited any intolerant argument that might have pushed someone away from the Church.  I have made people feel really small with my high IQ entirely by accident.  To you that probably sounds arrogant but they are painful memories for me.  I put this here hoping to limit the damage.  If this is ridiculous, enjoy.  I don't understand anybody anymore.  Please let me leave.

 

We are not holding you captive. You can go simply by walking away from the computer. I'm not suggesting that you should, merely that you can. It's all up to you.

 

While I didn't actually end up moving this thread, I do agree with moving it. The debate phorum is for debate. There isn't even a dialog going on in this thread, let alone a debate.

theculturewarrior
Posted
Someone had better give me some reason not to move this to the Lame Board....

 

Because it will push people away from the Church.

Posted (edited)
I have a really high IQ. 

 

I'm kind of a big deal. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Edited by Winchester
theculturewarrior
Posted
I'm kind of a big deal. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

 

I stopped apologizing for who I am years ago.  Mostly because once you have been judged, nobody cares anymore who you really are.

Posted
I stopped apologizing for who I am years ago.  Mostly because once you have been judged, nobody cares anymore who you really are.

 

I didn't ask for an apology. I was merely sharing my awesomeness with you, since you are also clearly awesome. It can get lonely, being awesome in the land of the not awesomes.

theculturewarrior
Posted

I wasn't apologizing or bragging.  I was stating a fact.

Posted
I wasn't apologizing or bragging.  I was stating a fact.

 

I didn't say you were bragging.

theculturewarrior
Posted

You didn't have to.  This isn't my first time at the rodeo.  I know that you didn't say that it was.

Posted
You didn't have to.  This isn't my first time at the rodeo.  I know that you didn't say that it was.

 

You're at a rodeo, but posting on phatmass?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...