dUSt Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 Well, the amount of members signing up for a monthly donation was less than I anticipated. The hosting bill for this new server we are on is $60/month. I've had two members sign up for the $5/month plan (THANK YOU!), so that leaves me stuck with $50 a month to pay on my own. I'm poor y'all. This just ain't gonna happen. So, here's the possible outcomes of this situation: 1) More people donate, covering more of the cost, and phatmass stays on this new, faster server 2) We move (again) to a cheaper server, so the bill isn't so high Just letting y'all know. From day one, I've always let everyone know exactly what was going on "behind the scenes" at phatmass. Why? I consider this to be a community site--not a one man site. Anyway. That's the deal-e-o yo. Just giving y'all an update. God bless.
Lil Red Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 I would if I could right now, dUSt. But I'm eating mac & coagulated milk right now cuz I don't have enough $$ for groceries. But when I get paid, I want to donate, okay?
dUSt Posted May 24, 2004 Author Posted May 24, 2004 Well, I don't want donations from poor folk. hahaha I know that there's gotta be some people who post here that can spare $5 a month. That's like one less value meal at McDonalds per month. haha Everybody here can't be poor can we? I mean, I'm poor (those who've seen my house can vouch for that). That's why I need help. haha I could be like other sites and start to have banners and ads everywhere--but am totally against that. I think that's what makes phatmass unique from other sites. We have no ads here. Moving to a cheaper host is really not a big deal. It was just a miscalculation on my part. I bought the BMW when I only had the budget for the Isuzu.
homeschoolmom Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 thanks for letting us know this, dUSt... some of us are absent-minded multitaskers. I'd prefer to send you a check, though. How can I do that?
homeschoolmom Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 yes, I know... but unlike you all, dUSt and I are on a first name only basis... I'm not cutting a check to just "dUSt"...
Paladin D Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 I'm gonna try signing up for the $5 a month plan, I'll have to ask my parents first.
Lil Red Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 and since phatmass now has non-profit status, you can write off the amount you donate has tax deductable. right, dUSt?
Livin_the_MASS Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 You have to count me Dust I'm sending you money by check. I will make monthly donations. Next week I plan on sending you the first check. God Bless Jason
Sojourner Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 Dust, I'm having issues with my paypal account, so I'll work those out and donate. Promise.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 dUSt, I promise, as soon as I get a job (haven't looked too hard yet), I'll be donating. Perhaps you should pin the donation thread...
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 (edited) I could donate by selling what I cross-stitch. Could always split it (me)60-40(phatmas) or something like that...I would just need the projects publicized so that they can get sold. Let me know... Edited May 24, 2004 by Mrs. Bro. Adam
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 Actually, Mrs. Bro. Adam, you could sell those on the Flyfree Garage Sale, then split the profits with Phatmass...
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 The only problem with the garage sale is that it's only limited to those who are members of flyfree. that's not getting the info out...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 No, I suppose it's not...but we'll get the numbers at Flyfree up and then we'll be off! lol...
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 lol Are you stalking me? I just post a thread, and you reply! Then I put a reply, and you reply after me?! Hmm...can we say stalker?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 24, 2004 Posted May 24, 2004 (edited) What? You actually believed that dirty lie about my allegedly being a stalker that Teresa wrote? How dare you even check out the link! What? You accuse me of editing this post? How dare you! Edited May 24, 2004 by Raphael
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now