An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shave My Head & Beard? St Baldrick's?

brianthephysicist

brianthephysicist

How much would you pay for me to shave my head & beard?

What if all of the money went to researching a cure for childhood cancer?

Well now you get the chance. Please donate to help out and you can even watch the event at Stony Brook on Apr 3rd (if you don't live in the area I will have one of my friends video it and I'll even post it on Phatmass). It's a good cause and every dollar counts.

"What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But if that drop was not in the ocean, I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop." ~Mother Teresa

Thanks and God bless,

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/brianthephysicist
Brian

MissScripture

My cousin did this! Well, she shaved her head, she never had a beard.;) I can't support you monetarily, but I really appreciate that you are doing this.

brianthephysicist

My cousin did this! Well, she shaved her head, she never had a beard. ;) I can't support you monetarily, but I really appreciate that you are doing this.

Your cousin is a champ.  It's incredibly powerful when a girl is willing to stand in solidarity like that.

You sir, are a good man.

This.

God bless you in this.

Guys, I'm just shaving my head, it's not like I'm donating my left kidney.  A guy with a shaved head isn't out of the ordinary.

Not sure I have any spare money, Brian, but I'm more than willing to 'pay' you in prayers....

I certainly need and accept prayers.  Thanks, dear :{D

Guys, I'm just shaving my head, it's not like I'm donating my left kidney. A guy with a shaved head isn't out of the ordinary.

Brian... I know a lot of guys who would PREFER to donate a left kidney.....

PhuturePriest

Your cousin is a champ.  It's incredibly powerful when a girl is willing to stand in solidarity like that.

Guys, I'm just shaving my head, it's not like I'm donating my left kidney.  A guy with a shaved head isn't out of the ordinary.

I certainly need and accept prayers.  Thanks, dear :{D

I know a lot of girls that would pay not to get their heads shaved, so she definitely is something extraordinary.

I don't know if I would rather get my head shaved or donate a kidney, Brian. I only need one kidney, right? ;) In reality I have never had major surgery, and hair grows back, so as much as I love my hair and as much as people compliment me on it, I would run to the nearest barber shop if I had to choose between the two. :hehe: What you are doing is really great, though. It may not be cutting out a kidney, but for a lot of guys it takes a lot of humility in order to shave off their hair. I would definitely do all I could in order to avoid it.

inunionwithrome

If it is something like St. Jude's Children's Research hospital, I would support you in my prayers. However, if it were for the American Cancer Society, then I cannot propery support you as many of their funds go to planned parenthood. I love that you are doing it though for the children and are willing to give up certian appearanced for them. That sir, is a knight in shining armor.

brianthephysicist

If it is something like St. Jude's Children's Research hospital, I would support you in my prayers. However, if it were for the American Cancer Society, then I cannot propery support you as many of their funds go to planned parenthood. I love that you are doing it though for the children and are willing to give up certian appearanced for them. That sir, is a knight in shining armor.

The money from the St Baldrick's group is 82% research funds, 16% fundraising (website, phones, postage, printing, t-shirts, office space, staff, etc.) and 2% goes to administration.  The research funds are given as grants to research groups looking for a cure, not to research institutions (like St Jude's Children's Research Hospital) or advocacy groups (like the American Cancer Society).  If you want to search through their list of awarded grants, you can use this tool: http://www.stbaldricks.org/grants/ or if you have more questions about it, here's their FAQ page: http://www.stbaldricks.org/faq