An Old School Catholic Message Board

Emilyann's Tea And Biscuits

EmilyAnn

Hm.... I never thought of making that stitch so long. (Of course, it isn't a stitch I've used very often.) It looks very nice!

I've never used it much either, which is why they're slightly uneven and wonky but for this I think that works. 

I'm going to do another little piece today in blue silk and metallic gold. :woot:

The title of your thread is so English... :hehe2:

That was the idea! 

I am so lazy. I totally meant to get up and do stuff today. Aaaaand....it's 1.30PM and I'm in my pjs still. Ooops. 

I've had a migraine all afternoon. Boo. I spent most of the afternoon/evening shut in my room in darkness and silence trying to sleep so I didn't do anything constructive at all today. But hopefully I will get to video-chat with my boyfriend later tonight so yay :)

I'm obsessively checking my email looking for an email about this internship I want to apply to. I emailed them on Thursday and got a reply on Friday saying my email had been forwarded to the relevant person and they'd get back to me in a few days. I have no idea how long a few days is, I didn't expect anything over the weekend but now I'm super nervous. Eeek. 

ChristinaTherese

I've had a migraine all afternoon. Boo. I spent most of the afternoon/evening shut in my room in darkness and silence trying to sleep so I didn't do anything constructive at all today. But hopefully I will get to video-chat with my boyfriend later tonight so yay :)

I'm obsessively checking my email looking for an email about this internship I want to apply to. I emailed them on Thursday and got a reply on Friday saying my email had been forwarded to the relevant person and they'd get back to me in a few days. I have no idea how long a few days is, I didn't expect anything over the weekend but now I'm super nervous. Eeek. 

:console: Migraines are nasty.... I hope the rest of your day is good.

And I know the feeling about being nervous.... I was nervous about just mailing an application this morning, since I really want to get a job with them (the Little Sisters of the Poor) over the summer. I just have to remember that it's in God's hands, not mine.

There are days where long-distance relationships majorly su.ck. I miss my boyfriend. We talk every morning and every evening on Skype, but we haven't been able to have a proper video call in ages. I'm still desperately searching for a job so that I can go and see him this summer. I don't know what I'll do if I can't make it happen, because he'll still be at college so I don't know when the next good time for me to go see him would be. I haven't seen him in person in three years now, I don't want it to get to four!

/rantover

:console: Migraines are nasty.... I hope the rest of your day is good.

And I know the feeling about being nervous.... I was nervous about just mailing an application this morning, since I really want to get a job with them (the Little Sisters of the Poor) over the summer. I just have to remember that it's in God's hands, not mine.

Is that the "Spring Into Service" thing (I think that's the name)? 

I'm happy you have your own thread now! I will join in with the tea and biscuits...

mad-hatter-4.jpg

Looks like I'm just in time for the party. :)

brianthephysicist

I'm not trying. I'm just that good at hijacking threads.

Quit yer hijacking.

There are days where long-distance relationships majorly su.ck. I miss my boyfriend. We talk every morning and every evening on Skype, but we haven't been able to have a proper video call in ages. I'm still desperately searching for a job so that I can go and see him this summer. I don't know what I'll do if I can't make it happen, because he'll still be at college so I don't know when the next good time for me to go see him would be. I haven't seen him in person in three years now, I don't want it to get to four!

:console:

Yea it's tough some days. Missy and I have it on the relatively easy side of long distance, but there's some people on the forum that definitely understand much better than we do (Nihil, Jesus_Lol) and some people that used to do the long distance (MissScripture).  There's plenty more on here that I don't even know about, so feel free to ask for help or even if you just want to vent.  Stay strong.  It's worth it.

:console: