An Old School Catholic Message Board

Emilyann's Tea And Biscuits

EmilyAnn

brianthephysicist

Hmm some people seem to forget that this is MY thread! :P

So.... I should or shouldn't post ponies in here...?

Brian.... bring some ponies sharing tea and cookies... or consider giving up ponies for Lent (just kidding)....

What's the internship for, Emily? 

Brian.... bring some ponies sharing tea and cookies... or consider giving up ponies for Lent (just kidding)....

What's the internship for, Emily?

Working with a catholic pro life charity here. :)

So.... I should or shouldn't post ponies in here...?

You can only if they are drinking tea and eating biscuits.

These are biscuits.

biscuits-full.jpg

No. That is like a scone or something. Not a biscuit. Edited by EmilyAnn

Ah it's so good to be home. :) I had a good few days visiting my friend and my family. My boyfriend's birthday fell while I was with my friend and I think I was more excited about it than he was. :hehe: I love birthdays, so it made me a little sad that I couldn't spend the day with him but my friend very graciously let me use her laptop (and kick her out of her dorm) for half an hour so I could Skype call with him.

It was good to see my sister and my mom as well (and my dog!), although I didn't get to spend as much time with them as I'd have liked. I told my mom about the internship, I could tell at first she was super skeptical and I still don't think she's totally thrilled about the idea but she's not super against it. I showed her their website and I told her what they did and she seemed okay. 

Sounds like you had a fantastic time, Emily!

Really interesting about the internship -- what do you think you are likely to be doing with them?     I can understand your mother being skeptical... but I'm glad she is listening and being supportive.

Internships are an awesome way to make contacts and gain experience....can make a huge difference in getting a future job, too....

No. That is like a scone or something. Not a biscuit.

Obviously you have not been in the South.

ChristinaTherese

No. That is like a scone or something. Not a biscuit.

Well, in the US they're biscuits. Although they are very similar to scones now that I think about it. What are biscuits in England?

PhuturePriest

Well, in the US they're biscuits. Although they are very similar to scones now that I think about it. What are biscuits in England?

In the UK their minds are twisted and they call cookies biscuits, even though that's totally messed up.

Emily,

When I was watching Edwardian Farm (one of my favorite series, btw, and viewable on www.dailymotion.com, I was fascinated by the recipe they have for 'cut rounds'  I tried to replicate it... and as I did so I realized it was basically a recipe for what we call 'rolled biscuits'.  

Interesting how what we all think of as one language has a huge amount of variety, yes?

in the UK, cookies are called biscuits

Actually, no. A cookie is called a cookie. Cookies are kind of soft, biscuits are hard. 

Examples of biscuits:

250px-Custard_cream_biscuit.jpg

250px-Nice_biscuit.jpg

250px-Digestive_biscuits.jpg

170px-McVitie%27s_chocolate_digestive_bi

Chocolate-covered digestive biscuits... :drool:

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Only proper tea will be accepted in this thread. Tea, in a can? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw

Oh and Miles I thought that was you with the pretty pink hat. Much more to your taste I think.

which on top of that has the false peace symbol which is an upside symbol of the holy trinitys love for man which is on the back of traditional latin holy priests robes.

tea coniseurs have a different tea for the various fragments of the day, some are morning teas,some are lunch teas, some are afternoon teas,some evening teas,and some late night teas, lol. Struth.

in the UK, cookies are called biscuits

That's the prime reason I turned down a scholarship to grad school at Univ. of Kentucky.