An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

So today at work, someone emailed me to complain about how a newspaper reporter had taken quotes from one of our board members out of context and twisted the words, and was there anything I could do about it? I had to remind him I'm in social media, not media relations, despite the similar name, and passed the buck, but not before reminding him that the beauty of social media is that we do not have to worry about reporters twisting our words, because we have a direct way to participate. I think some of our people do miss that point, and hopefully this will help clue him and a few of the others in to why social media is pretty important for them.

Makin' taco pizza. The second best kind of pizza. :drool:

EDIT: the best is of course pepperoni and sausage with green peppers and onions.

Edited by arfink

Here is what I spent my afternoon doing. This box is really pretty darn simple by the standards of modern wood workers, and should not have taken this long, but I was learning all new skills today. I taught myself how to use the table saw to rip wood (cut it with the grain) and crosscut, with a few pointers from my dad, who instructed me over the phone. I learned how to make pocket-screw joinery to hold the box together. It's not perfect, but a much better result than the last one i made. Plenty of work yet remains, including using a router to round over the sharp edges, adding holes for the start and select buttons, making a back cover and "mounting ears" for it on the laser, and of course, lots and lots of wiring.

20130725_222853.jpg

20130725_223319.jpg

20130725_223344.jpg

20130725_223757.jpg

And here is a picture of the parts test-fitted into place. Everything still fits. :)

20130726_003136.jpg

More work yet to be done, but it's looking much better than the last one already!

He is. ^_^

Well, I have gotten myself quite thoroughly addicted to Pixel Dungeon on my phone.

OK, this video needs to be watched bigger, by clicking this link:

Video Here

But here is a tiny one if you don't want to go off-page. It's a cute little short film about a dog and his human. :)

[media]http://vimeo.com/65107797[/media]

Edited by arfink

ChristinaTherese

I like how that box (or whatever you call it) looks when all put together! Nice and natural (Is that the normal positioning, or did you just decide to do it that way?), with a rather cool owl.

I like how that box (or whatever you call it) looks when all put together! Nice and natural (Is that the normal positioning, or did you just decide to do it that way?), with a rather cool owl.

The button positions I just did that way for comfort. They actually do line up with my finger tips if I just stretch my hand out, it feels very natural. As for the box, here is what it looks like now, and it's still not done yet.

20130727_202854.jpg

20130727_202938.jpg

Pin143.gifLooks exactly like an itty bitty version of a sleeping Mr. AnneLine  :)

I never heard of him until yesterday.  But somebody has been watching my house...

THAT's what I meant... I think lil' Snorlax lives in my house... and he sleeps and eats and works.  Literally.  And gets to Sunday Masses.  But he really does like to sleep & eat....

For real?

(or if not for real, you'd know Snorlax was.  He weighs a ton...literally.)

(see above)  (and sometimes he weighs less than a ton... proportionately)

OK, this video needs to be watched bigger, by clicking this link:

Video Here

But here is a tiny one if you don't want to go off-page. It's a cute little short film about a dog and his human. :)

[media]http://vimeo.com/65107797[/media]

That ALSO looks like a sleeping Mr. AL, right at the end.  And I LOVE it.  I love the hospitality charism.... the thoughtfulness of the little guy... and the obvious love they have for each other.  Oh that we could learn to serve each other like that!!!!

The button positions I just did that way for comfort. They actually do line up with my finger tips if I just stretch my hand out, it feels very natural. As for the box, here is what it looks like now, and it's still not done yet.

20130727_202854.jpg

20130727_202938.jpg

You do very elegant work, Sir.  I don't think you could turn out something ugly if you tried.....