Era Might Posted March 13, 2013 Author Posted March 13, 2013 Is this whole parade thing new? I said the same thing in chat...I don't remember any of this, though I was at work during the last election so I was moving back and forth waiting to see who it was.
kujo Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 i'm on twitter, currently freaking out. :| Follow me red! @kujonicus
kujo Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 I haven't been a practicing Catholic in some time. But when that white smoke appeared...man, it was like a God shaped hole in my heart was being filled with joy. I'm moved by my own reaction to all this.
BigJon16 Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 I am literally standing in my living room and jumping up and down right now, as I type, balancing my laptop... :w00t:
kujo Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 I am literally standing in my living room and jumping up and down right now, as I type, balancing my laptop... :w00t: I've got iPad on my lap, iPhone in my hands, TV in front of my eyes.
TeDeum Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 He should've taken the name Peter, just to troll the St. Malachy crowd.
Era Might Posted March 13, 2013 Author Posted March 13, 2013 I'm floored that he took the humble name of St. Francis of Assisi...the most powerful witness I could imagine.
WillT Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 I'm floored that he took the humble name of St. Francis of Assisi...the most powerful witness I could imagine. I loved that too! They did mention that, being a Jesuit, he could be thinking Francis Xavier. I guess we'll see in the days to come!
Lil Red Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 I'm floored that he took the humble name of St. Francis of Assisi...the most powerful witness I could imagine. John Allen Jr. profiled him last week, you should find the article. http://ncronline.org/node/46476 Actually, there it is. :)
Seven77 Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 AMDG! What humility! Pope Francis asked for our blessing and prayers!
vee Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 hopefully teh Jesuits will improve under his papacy :woohoo:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now