An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Francis!

Kateri89

I listened to another interview with my cardinal Archbishop this morning on the radio and it was fascinating listening to him yet again. His attitude was not that this was the choice of the cardinals simply settling on someone or just trying to find someone, but I get the feeling he knew right away who he wanted as Pope. Actually I get the feeling my bishop might have been instrumental in his election, but that is speculation that I can't really substantiate.

He talked about how this was a Pope to bring us into the future, something that my bishop, and Benedict spoke about, but not in the way that was wrongly meant throughout the late part of the twentieth century. In this case my bishop was talking about attitude and confronting issues head-on with joy and treating people with true respect (or real charity in Benedict's term). The cardinals see something very special about how Francis responds with a particular youthfulness (despite his age) and appropriateness to the age.

Now as an MC myself, I loved that at the beginning of Mass he turned to Marini for aid. I hope he keeps Marini around and realizes how great his Papal MC is. I have met many episcopal MCs, and very few are good enough to do regular televised Masses and can operate in different locations with the poise that Marini can. Plus I've been told he's a nice guy to work with.

LadyOfSorrows

I listened to another interview with my cardinal Archbishop this morning on the radio and it was fascinating listening to him yet again. His attitude was not that this was the choice of the cardinals simply settling on someone or just trying to find someone, but I get the feeling he knew right away who he wanted as Pope. Actually I get the feeling my bishop might have been instrumental in his election, but that is speculation that I can't really substantiate.

He talked about how this was a Pope to bring us into the future, something that my bishop, and Benedict spoke about, but not in the way that was wrongly meant throughout the late part of the twentieth century. In this case my bishop was talking about attitude and confronting issues head-on with joy and treating people with true respect (or real charity in Benedict's term). The cardinals see something very special about how Francis responds with a particular youthfulness (despite his age) and appropriateness to the age.

Now as an MC myself, I loved that at the beginning of Mass he turned to Marini for aid. I hope he keeps Marini around and realizes how great his Papal MC is. I have met many episcopal MCs, and very few are good enough to do regular televised Masses and can operate in different locations with the poise that Marini can. Plus I've been told he's a nice guy to work with.

I hope he keeps Marini too...but I've heard doubts :cry:

OnlySunshine

it just hit me that Pope Francis is the 5th Pope in my lifetime.

Man, I'm old :|

He's my third.  :)

Lilllabettt

the problem with having a pope reign for 25 years is that it becomes stupid and pointless to measure oldness by # of popes.

if papa francis is your 3rd pope, then you could be 9 ... or you could be 33.

Edited by Lilllabettt

the problem with having a pope reign for 25 years is that it becomes stupid and pointless to measure oldness by # of popes.

Stop encouraging them... they're old.

What about the one has seen like, 5 popes?!?!  What do you say about that?  I'm not even sure that's possible!!!

Lilllabettt

see another reason why it's pointless. Just before the pope of 25 years you had the pope of 30 days.

The first Christians went through Popes like Grant went through Richmond.

The greater the number of popes a person has lived through does begin to help pin point their year of birth. Pope Francis is the sixth pope during my lifetime, which means I am old.   :spike:

The greater the number of popes a person has lived through does begin to help pin point their year of birth. Pope Francis is the sixth pope during my lifetime, which means I am old.   :spike:

6!!!

Most people can't even count that high!!!