An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Francis!

Kateri89

Nihil Obstat

[mod]Please message a moderator about your concerns --franciscanheart[/mod]

Controversy aside, it is unfortunate that after being on Phatmass for over six years, you missed the many, many times where we are told in no uncertain terms that accounts cannot be deleted.

Noel, I tried to message you, but the message system says that you cannot receive messages. Give things time. 

Edited by Apotheoun

Noel's angel

Noel, I tried to message you, but the message system says that you cannot receive messages. Give things time. 

It said I had too many messages in my inbox or something. I'm off for now. Thanks for your informative posts, btw.

do not be overcome by hissyfits, but overcome hissyfits with good

[mod] Public criticism of moderator -MissScripture[/mod]

btw, the Gospel will be chanted in Greek at tomorrow's inauguration mass, which is a very traditional thing actually.  the TLM/Extraordinary Form rubrics for a Papal Mass call for it to be chanted once in Latin and then once in Greek.  I'm happy about that.  I also don't mind taking out the offertory procession.  Personally I'd prefer to see all the cardinals instead of just 6 cardinals... will Benedict be there?  it'd actually be a good symbolic act to show Benedict himself go up and kiss the ring... that would be really cool.

Francis will apparently be given Benedict's pallium, which is cool.

Nihil Obstat

btw, the Gospel will be chanted in Greek at tomorrow's inauguration mass, which is a very traditional thing actually.  the Traditional Latin Mass/Extraordinary Form rubrics for a Papal Mass call for it to be chanted once in Latin and then once in Greek.  I'm happy about that.  I also don't mind taking out the offertory procession.  Personally I'd prefer to see all the cardinals instead of just 6 cardinals... will Benedict be there?  it'd actually be a good symbolic act to show Benedict himself go up and kiss the ring... that would be really cool.

Francis will apparently be given Benedict's pallium, which is cool.

I did not know that. Where can one find the special ceremonies reserved to such Masses?

... will Benedict be there?  it'd actually be a good symbolic act to show Benedict himself go up and kiss the ring... that would be really cool.

If he does attend, which would be nice, he should give a sign of obedience to Pope Francis at a different time than the cardinals in order to highlight that he is not one of them, but is Pope Emeritus.

Basilisa Marie

If he does attend, which would be nice, he should give a sign of obedience to Pope Francis at a different time than the cardinals in order to highlight that he is not one of them, but is Pope Emeritus.

Yeah, I think that he'll probably "stay home", but if he does show up, it'd definitely be nice if he kissed his ring or something. 

[mod] Public criticism of moderator -MissScripture[/mod]

al, i think this was an unnecessary passive-aggressive remark. :)

that said, could we keep this thread to updates & links about the new pope? :)

I did not know that. Where can one find the special ceremonies reserved to such Masses?

don't know where to find actual rubrics, but here's a source for you: http://www.sanctamissa.org/en/resources/articles/papal-mass.html

I suppose he's not actually a Cardinal, is he?  since he wasn't at the conclave before the extra omnes |I guess not, for some reason I was thinking that he was both Pope emeritus and had returned to the cardinalate but I guess that's not true.  you're right, they should arrange something in particular apart from the other cardinals to show him kissing the ring.

Basilisa Marie

So as far as the ring goes, it said it was modeled after an Archbishop's ring...does that mean he flipped through a catalog until he found one he liked or likes that bishop or...?