mortify Posted March 15, 2013 Posted March 15, 2013 What does "current" Magisterium mean? Is it different now? It's ok to disagree with and criticize opininons of the past :paperbag:
BG45 Posted March 15, 2013 Posted March 15, 2013 I'm guessing I missed a lot. :| That said, I had my rear orifice ripped at another forum which shall not be named, but had 4-6 pages of outright vitriol and accusations of being the Anti-Christ being directed at il Papa this morning.
Evangetholic Posted March 15, 2013 Posted March 15, 2013 It's ok to disagree with and criticize opininons of the past :paperbag: It is. I had no idea that the infallible Magisterium consisted of "opinions" though. :)
Slappo Posted March 15, 2013 Posted March 15, 2013 It is. I had no idea that the infallible Magisterium consisted of "opinions" though. :) It most certainly does. Not everything coming from the Magisterium is an infallible teaching. There are very specific requirements for the teaching to be considered infallible and binding doctrine.
Evangetholic Posted March 15, 2013 Posted March 15, 2013 (edited) It most certainly does. Not everything coming from the Magisterium is an infallible teaching. There are very specific requirements for the teaching to be considered infallible and binding doctrine. Yes. The Extraordinary Magisterium is infallible: Ex Cathedra statements and dogmatic definitions from the Church's councils. The Ordinary and Universal Magisterium is infallible. (This would be bishops teaching in union with the pope, but not in council.) The Ordinary* Magisterium is not infallible--this would consist of Papal encyclicals, pastoral letters from bishops, non dogmatic documents from councils. (But still not to be dismissed lightly) :) *Like Ordinary, Ordinary as opposed to "Ordinary and Universal." Though it can (and should) contain infallible truths through repitition from the Extraordinary Magisterium and the Ordinary and Universal Magisterium. Edited March 15, 2013 by Evangetholic
Slappo Posted March 15, 2013 Posted March 15, 2013 Most things coming out of the Magisterium are coming out of the Ordinary Magisterium... Infallible teaching is uncommon at best and typically very rare.
Evangetholic Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 Most things coming out of the Magisterium are coming out of the Ordinary Magisterium... Infallible teaching is uncommon at best and typically very rare. You think I disagree? Perhaps you are making the point I was attempting to make. ;)
qfnol31 Posted March 16, 2013 Posted March 16, 2013 when I saw this I was reminded of this thread.My friend is responsible for that meme.
franciscanheart Posted March 18, 2013 Author Posted March 18, 2013 My friend is responsible for that meme. :hehe: awesome.
Debra Little Posted March 18, 2013 Posted March 18, 2013 (edited) Thank you so much. I find that stuff very offensive. Besides if someone else thinks They can do a better job let's see them do it. Where do people get off Thinking they have a right to criticize the Holy Father?! This is one of the reasons I haven't liked being Here lately. I see so much criticism and negativism. . Edited March 18, 2013 by Debra Little
Lil'Monster Posted March 18, 2013 Posted March 18, 2013 CATHOLIC VS CATHOLIC DEBATE - A post or comment that results in doctrinal debates that might cause scandal among the faithful. Any negative criticism of religious or the current Magisterium will result in deletion, and a warning from the moderators. This includes but is not limited to criticism of the Novus Ordo mass, The Traditional Latin Mass, or our Holy Father. ------------------- That said, I'm now combing the phorums for all the croutons I didn't have time to deal with earlier. KNOCK IT OFF. I love you
Seven77 Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 what an unfortunate turn of events… whatever happened to authentic dialogue? I definitely do not believe in criticizing the Pope… however, some people have concerns that need to be addressed. I think that Pope Francis is being led by the Holy Spirit to reach out to the unchurched masses and probably the Orthodox as well--- the whole thing about "getting rid of the red shoes and certain papal traditions" is a temporary course of action.
Basilisa Marie Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 what an unfortunate turn of events… whatever happened to authentic dialogue? I definitely do not believe in criticizing the Pope… however, some people have concerns that need to be addressed. I think that Pope Francis is being led by the Holy Spirit to reach out to the unchurched masses and probably the Orthodox as well--- the whole thing about "getting rid of the red shoes and certain papal traditions" is a temporary course of action. Honestly, so WHAT if he doesn't want to wear red shoes? It's not like the tradition is going to magically disappear from public consciousness FOREVER because he decides to not do it. I mean, come on...Catholics are the one group of Christians you can absolutely count on to remember everything! :) I personally think the Church is in desperate need of some public displays of humility from those in the hierarchy, to set an example for the rest of us. I really believe things like this can only lead to good things. :)
Didacus Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 (edited) Why would it be 'current magisterium' - just 'magisterium' would be better, extend beyond the limits of time sorta thing... eh... Hey, you know what my mother told me about the new papa - he's an engineer!!! She said he got a bach in chemical engineering in Germany (and so he speaks german). (being a mechanical engineer myself, I believe the Church is definately going to a awesome direction now!!!) Boo-Yaa!!! Edited March 19, 2013 by Didacus
Didacus Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 when I saw this I was reminded of this thread. Brilliant!!! Loving it... every bit of it. Blody brilliant I tells ya... eh?
Seven77 Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 Honestly, so WHAT if he doesn't want to wear red shoes? It's not like the tradition is going to magically disappear from public consciousness FOREVER because he decides to not do it. I mean, come on...Catholics are the one group of Christians you can absolutely count on to remember everything! :) I personally think the Church is in desperate need of some public displays of humility from those in the hierarchy, to set an example for the rest of us. I really believe things like this can only lead to good things. :) while I have some concerns I'm beginning to believe that some public displays of humility are necessary for the Age we're living in… it may seem extreme but maybe, just maybe, the Holy Spirit knows what He's doing.
Nihil Obstat Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 Why would it be 'current magisterium' - just 'magisterium' would be better, extend beyond the limits of time sorta thing... eh... Hey, you know what my mother told me about the new papa - he's an engineer!!! She said he got a bach in chemical engineering in Germany (and so he speaks german). (being a mechanical engineer myself, I believe the Church is definately going to a amesome direction now!!!) Boo-Yaa!!! Interesting factoid: Bishop Bernard Tissier de Mallerais has a university degree in biology. I do not know what level of degree, although I would assume it is the equivalent of a Bachelor's. However it could potentially be a Master's degree, since he was 24 when he entered the SSPX seminary.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now