An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Time

Guest Allie

How was your talk with you dad today?

Teehee! Here's the thing we all learn - PMers will get on and stay on your case. See it as a blessing! ;)

Guest Allie

How was your talk with you dad today?

His love humbles me.  When I have time will say a bit more.

Teehee! Here's the thing we all learn - PMers will get on and stay on your case. See it as a blessing! ;)

It is a blessing!  It's just that right now  I'm busy helping my nieces and nephews dye Easter Eggs and before that  I chopped a huge amount of onions and grated lbs of mozzarella for Mom.  There isn't much time or privacy with the house filled with four generations of family.  And my tablet is sticky too (eew).  Please keep praying.  Tomorrow I tell the rest of the family.  oops  brief interruption!!  3 yr old threw his egg at his sister.  Happy Easter!  Love, Allie

Guest Allie

Really?  I mean, did he take you serious?

Happy Easter

elizabeth09

Jesus Christ is Risen Today! Alleluia!

Dad accepts that I have to try. That's enough for now.  More from me later. Today is all about Easter Joy and family.  Time enough  later for the pain of separation.

Easter Joy to all of you dear phriends!  :cheers:

Allie

Guest Allie

Thank you for all your prayers.  I can't imagine how those of you whose families aren't committed Catholics get through this. My parents asked me just to tell the rest of the family I feel called to consecrated religious life and that I'm starting to visit communities and will keep everyone informed.  That was easy.--no drama there--  As for my Dad, he is shocked and doing his best to be supportive. I heard him make an appointment to talk with a priest friend of his so that is good. Mom is a little mad at me for Dad's pain and I don't blame her.

My folks are pleased that the monastery I hope to enter is about a 3 hour drive from them.  I didn't even know that when I first contacted the community.  I mean, who ever heard of  Barhamsville, VA?  I thought it was in Appalachia  somewhere. :hehe2: 

I'm kind of exhausted and need to pack for the airport.  Love you all!

It sounds as though everything went well for you over the holiday and that your fears were unfounded............I'm so glad for you Allie. Many prayers as you discern .    :nun3:  :nun3:

FutureSister2009

, it's not possible to sneak off to visit an order.

. :lies:

I beg to differ. I did

Guest Allie

Hi.  It's me again.  I don't go back to work until tomorrow so I'm enjoying moving slowly on a Tuesday  morning.  Thank you all so much for your prayers.  I felt the strength of them during some very difficult moments.  It's just awful sometimes to love people and know that you're the cause of their pain, anger etc.  Makes me wish I'd been a better kid  instead of the self-absorbed diva I was for a few years.

Some good stuff is happening which I want to share now that my folks are in the loop and are being supportive as I take the next baby step on this journey.

Currently , I am working for an NGO in a one-year, paid internship which ends in July.  I was planning to return to Georgetown for a Masters  but that isn't going to happen. One of  things I did was call the Program chair before notifying G'Town officially.(Digression: Yes I am 21.  No I'm not super smart.  Like many Homeschooled kids I tested into High School a couple years early.)

In June I'll be visiting Bethlehem  Monastery of Poor Clares (that I feel called to )for a long visit.  And whatever happens there, in August I'll be moving back to the Capitol Beltway area  to focus on discernment with the support of my family.  My heart is at peace with this.  Pray for me.  Your grateful Allie

On thing I wanted to add...You are NOT responsible for your Dad's pain!! You ARE a adult! It is your life, you have a right to do and choose what is best for you!! Your father can choose either to be happy or not!! You can't MAKE him happy nor sad etc. Nor should we carry other people's crosses in life! ( I learned that at my last women's retreat) Please tell your mother not to make you responsible for your father's feelings! Forgive me for sounding bossy. I just feel you shouldn't carry anything that is not positive.you have enough going on in your life right now..and guilt doesn't have a place! Blessings for you and your family! ;)

elizabeth09

:eek: Good for you.  Maybe your parents want to make sure that you are happy and safe in God`s Arms.

Guest Allie

I promise not to do this too often but It's 58 days until my visit to Bethlehem Monastery.  Mother says another serious discerner will be there also.  I am so excited.