An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Time

Guest Allie

Guest Allie

Just got an email from Mother Abbess telling me what to bring in June.   Soon I'll be there.  Please pray for me. 

Guest Allie

Less than a month now.  My parents are contacting Mother Abbess to set up a visit.  Please keep us all in your prayers.

NatalieisCatholic

This may be a little late but I'm very happy and excited for you! I'm praying for you!  :nun3:

Guest Allie

Are you entering in June?

No.  It's my long visit.  If all goes well I'm hoping for late Summer or early September. 

Guest Allie

:bananarap: no sadness..you can follow the novitiate on their blog and facebook page.

:cry:

You know it's time when it just hurts too much to be out here (and the community agrees of course)

Allie, do you know how often your family can visit,  you can write, both after you enter, during your novitiate and after you are professed?  I read that it is very restricted from the beginning, and becomes even more so as you go along.

domenica_therese

Just want to share this.  it's a couple years old. http://seekingavocation.blogspot.com/2010/02/bethlehem-monastery-of-poor-clares.html

I feel this so strongly right now.

That's my friends blog! Her attitude towards her vocation was so foreign to me when I first met her, but now the more I discern the more the things she wrote begin to describe me. The title of her blog is so perfect for her and her journey.

Guest Allie

Allie, do you know how often your family can visit,  you can write, both after you enter, during your novitiate and after you are professed?  I read that it is very restricted from the beginning, and becomes even more so as you go along.

I guess it depends on the monastery but you are correct.  It is limited in the beginning and becomes more so as one goes on in the life.  However there is support for both the family and the Sister as they make the adjustments. And the abbess can always make an exception when she finds it helpful for the nun or the family.  My own experience is that the community reaches out very lovingly to the Sisters' families and considers them part of the community/family.