An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Slap Floor

MIKolbe

Oh, don't do that to yourself Groo. Nothing kills the workout spirit like going way harder than your body can handle and actually hurting yourself.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345516351' post='2471040']
another reason i hate working out..

sweat on my glasses.

that's just nasty.
[/quote]

Ugh, yes, hate that! Sometimes mine end up on the floor until I'm done with that set because they've fallen off. It was a huge motivator to finally go in and get an eye exam (6 months overdue) so I could have contacts again. lol

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345249593' post='2469433']
i hate working out more than I hate doing dishes.
[/quote]

I love to run. It is funnn. YOU SHOULD DO IT!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Feather2264' timestamp='1345605194' post='2471726']
I love to run. It is funnn. YOU SHOULD DO IT!
[/quote]

I agree running is fun. I'm not sure why, but it just is. I think Friends had an episode dedicated to simply how fun running can be.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345605290' post='2471730']
I agree running is fun. I'm not sure why, but it just is. I think Friends had an episode dedicated to simply how fun running can be.
[/quote]

I run cross country and track. So I am always running. Gotta stay fit.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1345590850' post='2471536']
worked out today. overdid it. hurtin...
[/quote]

Tell him to go slower next time. That should help.

The personal trainer, I mean. Also, remember to stretch!!!

Edited by Hasan

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345304123' post='2469713']
I don't work out. I practice karate. Practicing karate puts you in excellent shape, and it gives you great stamina and strength. You won't look buff, but you will be stronger. You of course do some tedious exercises like push-ups and sit-ups, but most of the tedious stuff for us is stretching. Maybe you could look around to see if there is a karate class near you? I wouldn't recommend Taekwondo since 99% of the time a lot of those classes are all about sport and nothing about self defense. True Taekwondo is great, but America is known for taking good things and then throwing up on them.
[/quote]

Newsflash: America has thrown up on all the martial arts in general, especially Karate. Kolbe it'll be more important to find a good dojahn than to worry about exactly what martial art your working with and it's expensive and I had to stop cause of concussions. My Granmaster had... Big plans for me... International plans. But I got hurt like I said and they weren't God's plans so I moved on.

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1345604669' post='2471713']
Jason,

We should talk about this subject over some sushi.
[/quote]

sashimi.... rice has too many carbs.. but yes.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345655179' post='2472000']
sashimi.... rice has too many carbs.. but yes.
[/quote]

Carbohydrates aren't actually as bad as once thought. The Chinese have a diet of rice, vegetables, bread, and minimal meat every meal. Studies show they are in the best physical condition than any other country. Eating meat as a main course, even lean meat, is not very healthy. We need to eat lots of vegetables and fruit in order to be healthy. And no, dressing is not allowed on your salad, though I do not know why anyone would want to ruin delicious salad with dressing anyway.

Edited by FuturePriest387

thank you for your enlightening words of wisdom.

Surely those years in medical school have paid off in spades.

I'm going to have to break the news to my doctor when he said, 'here are some good carbs, here are some I would like you to avoid', his mentioning of rice was just misplaced. When he said, 'have a few teaspoons of a lite vinegarette on a large salad, if you like" he again has failed as a doctor and dietician.

Can you call the pharmacy and get me a refill of my hydrochlorothiazide?

thanks.