An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Slap Floor

MIKolbe

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345728405' post='2472578']
I'm never actually serious when I do statistics. I just know from experience that a lot of Tae Kwon Do is sport and not self-defense. This is why Tae Kwon Do is at the Olympics and Karate is not. One is known for sport and flashy moves, the other self-defense.
[/quote]

I mean, if you round house somebody in the head they'll probably go down. I wouldn't say that there's no self-defense component to it, but I agree that Tae Kwan Do is mostly about flash and not so much about actual defense or fighting. When I did karate tournaments the TKW kids always won the kata events and always lost sparing. In weight lifting class in High School the coach was a former MMA fighter (nobody huge, but he was on the internationalish circuit) and Tae Kwan Do was the first example he chose of which people get the poo knocked out of them when they try to go into the ring.

Edited by Hasan

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1345749929' post='2472823']
that pushups workout is going well, seeing improvements already! :D might have to try the one they have for situps/squats etc. definitely builds more muscle than just doing as many as you can everyone in a while, doing the varied sets

what christian metal...?

I find the non christian metal to be 100% superior in almost every way. but if you arent already you should listen to Woe of Tyrants and Becoming the Archetype.
[/quote]

I am probably just gonna end up embarassing myself here, but here it goes. My top 25 most played list has been stacked over the years with Underoath, Demon Hunter, Flyleaf, Emery, Since October, RED, Disciple. Now I'm really big on Project 86 just "moshed" to them live, them and Love and Death featuring former lead guitarist from Korn Brian "Head" Welch. I have some Showbread, August Burns Red, Haste the Day, Dead Poetic, and Oh, Sleeper. I think Sent by Ravens has some potential, I'll Youtube there next album prolly to see if it's worth buying when it comes out. That's the only stuff You'd probably find ok. My Mom and Dad detest the stuff.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345655179' post='2472000']
sashimi.... rice has too many carbs.. but yes.
[/quote]Saga...

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

For my aunt who's in the hospital, and two teen girls that I know who are in critical and serious condition after a bad car accident involving a drunk driver.

And for all students returning to school.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Get yourselves some protein powder,complex amino tablets and some vitamin D tablets. All these promote muscle strength and stamina without even lifting a finger. Of course it can't replace avery meal. Bang up a shake 1st thing in the morning with oats,wheat bix a bannana,a couple of eggs,a few tablespoons of yogurt and a scoop of protein powder. And drop tha tabs with the shake. I found out my lack of motivation is possibly due to a vitamin D deficiency thats why i've started taking them and the label says promotes muscle strength and bone strength. If you have those for breakfast every day it should give you that extra edge to work out effectively. i've been doing this shake and tablet regime for breakfast for about 4 months and started walking, now i've added 1 more thing the vitamin d tablet coz the walking i couldn't sustain motivation wise, hopefully the Vitamin D gives me the edge to continue with a good old walk.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I guess if your way overweight remove the oats,wheatbix,eggs and yogurt from the shake. Make a deal with yuz . The aim Milko may just be to make it a fit fat and not a fat fat, and not be overly concerned how many pounds you shed. That concious endevour may help you to continue with the exercising, and if you loose weight than bonus. :) Possibly, Probably, 50/50 i don't know. I just say this out of love, i don't have any degrees to back up such a hunch.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345812564' post='2473435']
did 1.23 miles yesterday.

list any intentions for today.
[/quote]

Just the same ones as yesterday... can't think of anything new.

MIkolbe ... btw the please worked :)

And I think ya know my intentions :)

Edited by cmariadiaz

New workout intention: That Trisha's application/interview process with this MN company she's been talking to goes well.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345859317' post='2473831']
[/quote]
After a few months I eventually got to 3 miles when I started out running. It took me about 2 or 3 months to get there. Maybe a little goal for you. Iono.

Oh and pray for the 'burgh job. I find out next week if they want to see me face to face.