An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Slap Floor

MIKolbe

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345725915' post='2472546']
I don't read articles on the fakeness of Taekwondo. I know from experience that it is fake most of the time.

Ok so you just admitted that you pulled the 99% out of your butt and you know from experience that TKD students are a joke. So do you beat up TKD students in your spare time? Have you been in an Octogon lately?!?

Why is this always your response? :huh:
[/quote]

Having a problem with the quote mechanism forgive me.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1345727895' post='2472570']
Having a problem with the quote mechanism forgive me.
[/quote]

Where did I ever say that I read articles on Tae Kwon Do?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345727936' post='2472571']
Where did I ever say that I read articles on Tae Kwon Do?
[/quote]

One typically backs statistics, such as your 99% claim, with the place he got the statistics from. Which could be a magazine, your butt, wikipedia (You have to be careful there though they're not always right), another website, a newspaper, etc.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1345728241' post='2472576']
One typically backs statistics, such as your 99% claim, with the place he got the statistics from. Which could be a magazine, your butt, wikipedia (You have to be careful there though they're not always right), another website, a newspaper, etc.
[/quote]

I'm never actually serious when I do statistics. I just know from experience that a lot of Tae Kwon Do is sport and not self-defense. This is why Tae Kwon Do is at the Olympics and Karate is not. One is known for sport and flashy moves, the other self-defense.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345728405' post='2472578']
I'm never actually serious when I do statistics. I just know from experience that a lot of Tae Kwon Do is sport and not self-defense. This is why Tae Kwon Do is at the Olympics and Karate is not. One is known for sport and flashy moves, the other self-defense.
[/quote]

"Much to learn you still have."

PhuturePriest

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1345728649' post='2472580']
"Much to learn you still have."
[/quote]

You underestimate my power.

I think I am getting better on the treadmill! I do a combination of walking and running..I am running a bit more and walking a bit less. I am on the treadmill for 23 minutes a day. (the dr. said 20 minutes of exercise for me daily, so I do 23 to kinda do a little extra) When I started, I basically walked the whole way and went a whopping .98 of a mile. It was very disheartening..very. I am up to 1.21 miles in the same amount of time...still not that good, but better.

Which then leads into my mental issues as it comes to this diet. I don't weigh myself partly because I don't want to know how fat i am. Another reason is because in the back of my head, I think all this dieting and exercise won't work. I told Shea this and she commented, "how would it NOT work?". I love her. But still, the thought eats at me. I don't want to weigh myself and find that I only lost 2 lbs in a week when i was trying so hard. So, I guess I choose ignorance in this regard. A big part of me just wants to eat healthy, be healthy, and excercise and perhaps the rest will work itself out. Not sure...

This whole experience is teaching me patience on a level that rivals raising children. LOL I want to be thinner, NOW. I don't mind working for it, I just want faster results. It feels like climbing out of a hole that you only seem to realize how deep it is once you start climbing out.

Maybe I will post my mileage..

Maybe you could give me some prayer requests as I walk/run and sweat????

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345731536' post='2472607']
I think I am getting better on the treadmill! I do a combination of walking and running..I am running a bit more and walking a bit less. I am on the treadmill for 23 minutes a day. (the dr. said 20 minutes of exercise for me daily, so I do 23 to kinda do a little extra) When I started, I basically walked the whole way and went a whopping .98 of a mile. It was very disheartening..very. I am up to 1.21 miles in the same amount of time...still not that good, but better.

Which then leads into my mental issues as it comes to this diet. I don't weigh myself partly because I don't want to know how fat i am. Another reason is because in the back of my head, I think all this dieting and exercise won't work. I told Shea this and she commented, "how would it NOT work?". I love her. But still, the thought eats at me. I don't want to weigh myself and find that I only lost 2 lbs in a week when i was trying so hard. So, I guess I choose ignorance in this regard. A big part of me just wants to eat healthy, be healthy, and excercise and perhaps the rest will work itself out. Not sure...

This whole experience is teaching me patience on a level that rivals raising children. LOL I want to be thinner, NOW. I don't mind working for it, I just want faster results. It feels like climbing out of a hole that you only seem to realize how deep it is once you start climbing out.

[/quote]

I will definitely pray for you. You made a wonderful decision and your perseverance will pay off. I have no personal experience in trying to lose weight, but I do know by knowledge of family members that it is extremely difficult, especially when you know you work so hard for such little results. But if you keep trying I am sure you will reach your goal, and I know you have good support in your wife to help you along.

IcePrincessKRS

[/quote]

I totally understand that. When I was trying to get back in shape after having Xander it was so disheartening because the scale NEVER FREAKING MOVED. I started measuring myself. Even though the scale didn't drop my measurements slowly did. I realized I was gaining muscle to replace the flab and that's why my weight was staying steady. You'll get there, even if it's slow and you feel like quitting because it doesn't feel like anything is happening. Somewhere it IS.

If you could keep my uncle and grandfather in your intentions that would be great. :love:

You're a very good man Mikolbe. You got more good attitude and perseverance in this than I would have. :)

If you my prayer request, I'd ask for you to pray for Trisha and I, and to pray for my fledgeling business. I'll keep you in my prayers when I go to work out also.

I always work out with my iPod. My Christian Metal blaring in my ears, helps push me a lot. I don't use the treadmill Mom and Dad are afraid I'd break it cause my feet are too big (Don't ask) but lots of people watch tv or a movie while working out on their treadmill. It's good that your getting into this the reward of it will come it just takes time like everyone else said. God is pleased with you. After I was told to leave TKD cause of all my concussions I went into depression again and gained weight, but from Phat Tuesday 2011 to Easter Monday 2012 I went from 193 lbs to 168 lbs. So you can and will do it if you stick with it, it'll just take some time. My Mom has a similar story but she's not the statistician I am. I wouldn't be suprised if her numbers were far more impressive than mine.

brianthephysicist

[/quote]
[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1345732978' post='2472613']
I totally understand that. When I was trying to get back in shape after having Xander it was so disheartening because the scale NEVER FREAKING MOVED. I started measuring myself. Even though the scale didn't drop my measurements slowly did. I realized I was gaining muscle to replace the flab and that's why my weight was staying steady. [b]You'll get there, even if it's slow and you feel like quitting because it doesn't feel like anything is happening. Somewhere it IS[/b].

If you could keep my uncle and grandfather in your intentions that would be great. :love:
[/quote]
I was going to respond to the same effect, of muscle replacing fat.

And I emphasized the last part because it's so absolutely true. My friend J had some weight issues and he started working at it. Over the course of a year, it didn't look like he had changed anything at all because he was still the same size, but you could easily tell how much healthier he was because of his significantly increased stamina (especially when he wanted to play basketball).

Also, I tend to get my idea of a good goal to set from the way my mom looks at it. She figures it took her 20+ years to gain her weight, so to take it off, it should be on that type of time scale. She's obviously not going to wait for it to come over 20 years, but she thinks that it makes sense for her to set a goal in the range years, not in the range of months or weeks. Setting her goal in years, she can divide things down and it ends up averaging less than 0.5 pounds per week.

It still takes her a lot to deal with the idea of not wanting that instant gratification of being thin, but she knows that she will be healthier in the long run (no pun intended) with this slowly building progress.

that pushups workout is going well, seeing improvements already! :D might have to try the one they have for situps/squats etc. definitely builds more muscle than just doing as many as you can everyone in a while, doing the varied sets

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1345745512' post='2472768']
I always work out with my iPod. My Christian Metal blaring in my ears, helps push me a lot. I don't use the treadmill Mom and Dad are afraid I'd break it cause my feet are too big
[/quote]

what christian metal...?

I find the non christian metal to be 100% superior in almost every way. but if you arent already you should listen to Woe of Tyrants and Becoming the Archetype.

Edited by Jesus_lol