the171 Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 I am thinking about purchasing an ENO double hammock soon. Can anyone give tips, tricks, reviews, and instructions?
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 I don't really have any advice. I like that style of hammock because it folds easily, but I like the idea of one that has the wooden bars at the ends because it stays open wider. Difficult decisions, man.
PhuturePriest Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 My only advice is not to do what we did and throw the youngest child *Cough* me *cough* in it and then wrap both sides together and lock them together through the weaving. Unless of course the person gives their consent, in which case you will have many great days of spinning around in it.
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 The hammock she's talking about is like parachute material. Not the knotted rope variety.
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 OH SO THAT'S WHAT AN ENO IS. FINALLY SOMEONE TELLS ME.
the171 Posted April 12, 2013 Author Posted April 12, 2013 I don't really have any advice. I like that style of hammock because it folds easily, but I like the idea of one that has the wooden bars at the ends because it stays open wider. Difficult decisions, man. It would be for camping and hanging out at the camp I'm staffing. It needs to pack light since it is going on a plane with me.
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 It would be for camping and hanging out at the camp I'm staffing. It needs to pack light since it is going on a plane with me. As long as you've got trees or some posts to hang it off I'd get it. The price is really not bad at all. I've been looking around the last couple summers trying to decide. My main hangup is that I probably need to buy a stand for it. That just seems like kind of a PITA. Some of the stands out there cost more than the hammock itself.
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 What I should really do is measure the distance between the trees in my yard and see if it will work without a stand... I can buy a stand down the road if the next place we live doesn't have suitable trees.
the171 Posted April 12, 2013 Author Posted April 12, 2013 As long as you've got trees or some posts to hang it off I'd get it. The price is really not bad at all. I've been looking around the last couple summers trying to decide. My main hangup is that I probably need to buy a stand for it. That just seems like kind of a PITA. Some of the stands out there cost more than the hammock itself. Thankfully we have lots of trees around my house at least. The camp has lots of trees too. I could always hang it up in the novitiate.
the171 Posted April 12, 2013 Author Posted April 12, 2013 What I should really do is measure the distance between the trees in my yard and see if it will work without a stand... I can buy a stand down the road if the next place we live doesn't have suitable trees. I've seen people tie those things from the weirdest things.
morostheos Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 I have one that I hardly ever use now because I don't have trees to tie it to. I used to use it all the time though - I would throw it in my daypack, go for a hike in the woods until I found an enticing spot, then set up my hammock and read a book or take a nap. It was FANTASTIC! Now I live in CT where it is much harder to find places where you can do such things and be left in peace.
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 I've seen people tie those things from the weirdest things. I went out in the dark. My trees are about 10 and 20 feet apart. I'll have to see what kind of straps are available...
the171 Posted April 12, 2013 Author Posted April 12, 2013 I went out in the dark. My trees are about 10 and 20 feet apart. I'll have to see what kind of straps are available... That's perfect. I'm getting the Atlas Suspension straps. A friend of mine has the slap strap pros and has no complaint.
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 That's perfect. I'm getting the Atlas Suspension straps. A friend of mine has the slap strap pros and has no complaint. The Atlas straps were the ones I was looking at, too. :) They have good reviews on amazon, too.
the171 Posted April 12, 2013 Author Posted April 12, 2013 The Atlas straps were the ones I was looking at, too. :) They have good reviews on amazon, too. Once you get yours in, we should post pics of our hammock adventures here.
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 haha We should. Mine will probably be full of children...
the171 Posted April 12, 2013 Author Posted April 12, 2013 Mine will be filled with nuns. (and children too)
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 I'm torn between this and the ENO DoubleDeluxe. This one is almost as wide as a queen sized bed (55 inches). It'd totally fit all my kids with no fuss. (the shipping is as much as the hammock itself, but it comes out to less than the DoubleDeluxe) http://www.amazon.com/Luxury-Pillowtop-Spreader-Hammock-Cushioned/dp/B001W9YKB8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
PhuturePriest Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 Thankfully we have lots of trees around my house at least. The camp has lots of trees too. I could always hang it up in the novitiate. Trees? In Louisiana? No way!
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 (edited) If you are going to be tying it to trees, you need to make sure you wrap the tree with something to protect the bark...I use my extra shirts when I'm backpacking... Edited April 12, 2013 by PadrePioOfPietrelcino
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now