An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nun Run Communities

ToJesusMyHeart

ChristinaTherese

I wish I could join you, but I'm in school until early June.... And I'm in Washington/Oregon (college/"home") anyway, and probably couldn't afford it.... But if anyone ever knows about nun runs in the Pacific NW, or even just a bit closer than you guys are, let me know!

So unfortunately my work schedule was really screwed up and I can't visit the osihjm but I can visit the srmshj for the afternoon/evening on May 16. I'll have to leave and drive home at night because I work in the morning on the 17th.

ToJesusMyHeart

Please post here if you intend to meet us in Ohio. I keep forgetting who said they want to do that.

Also please pray that we can get 3 girls to come. So far it is only myself and the driver. We really need 3 more girls to make the trip affordable. (And I don't mean those of you joining us in Ohio since you won't really pay for gas, unless you feel generous and want to donate $10 or something....)

So anyway. Post here if you are coming to the Ohio convents.

Kayte Postle

Please post here if you intend to meet us in Ohio. I keep forgetting who said they want to do that.

Also please pray that we can get 3 girls to come. So far it is only myself and the driver. We really need 3 more girls to make the trip affordable. (And I don't mean those of you joining us in Ohio since you won't really pay for gas, unless you feel generous and want to donate $10 or something....)

So anyway. Post here if you are coming to the Ohio convents.

I'll be coming to the Ohio convents!

ToJesusMyHeart

We got a third girl. So it's me, the driver, and another girl so far. We're looking for at least one more. Keep praying!  :nunpray:

ToJesusMyHeart

We got the last and final approval we were waiting for from the active Carmelites in Owensboro!

YAY YAYYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

:dance:  :dance5:  :congrats:  :dance2: 

:dance6:  :love:  :dance4:  :clapping:  :dance3:

:nun3:

NunMother

You young ladies have a fabulous time on the Nun Run.  Be sure to give a special hello to the Passionists in Whitesville from me! 

Praying for all of you...

I just had a thought. ... have you asked the communities you will be visiting if they have had contacts from prospective candidates who might want to join you?  It would help you get some numbers, and also would let them visit some additional communities.

You might also want to just send a generic email out to other community's vocation director and/or the vocation contact in the dioceses you will be visiting, noting 'we're putting this together -- do you know of anyone who has contacted you from this area who might be interested'? 

You never know who the Spirit might want to touch through this.... 

ToJesusMyHeart

You young ladies have a fabulous time on the Nun Run.  Be sure to give a special hello to the Passionists in Whitesville from me! 

Is your daughter in that community? Or someone else you know?

Praying for all of you...

I just had a thought. ... have you asked the communities you will be visiting if they have had contacts from prospective candidates who might want to join you?  It would help you get some numbers, and also would let them visit some additional communities.

You might also want to just send a generic email out to other community's vocation director and/or the vocation contact in the dioceses you will be visiting, noting 'we're putting this together -- do you know of anyone who has contacted you from this area who might be interested'? 

You never know who the Spirit might want to touch through this.... 

Thanks Anneline! Unfortunately, we actually don't seem to have much room in the car to fit extra girls, so it is providential that our number is so small. We're visiting 10 different communities and we don't have time for any more to add to our list. I've gotta be back to TX cuz I have another flight to catch to NYC and these 12 days and 10 convents are all we can fit. :) But thank you so much for the suggestions. We're actually merging our group with a Nun Run group from U of Miami in Nashville and Whitesville. 

ChristinaTherese

Is your daughter in that community? Or someone else you know?

Thanks Anneline! Unfortunately, we actually don't seem to have much room in the car to fit extra girls, so it is providential that our number is so small. We're visiting 10 different communities and we don't have time for any more to add to our list. I've gotta be back to TX cuz I have another flight to catch to NYC and these 12 days and 10 convents are all we can fit. :) But thank you so much for the suggestions. We're actually merging our group with a Nun Run group from U of Miami in Nashville and Whitesville. 

Yup, NunMother's daughter is Sr. Cecilia Maria, who just professed her first vows. ;)