An Old School Catholic Message Board

Embroidered Scapulars On Etsy

AuthorOfMyLife

AuthorOfMyLife

Hello, all!

A month or so ago, someone on the board here posted a topic about religious items for sale, and in the responses was a lovely photograph of an embroidered scapular. Since I used to sew quite a lot as a child and teenager, I was delighted by the idea of embroidering scapulars as a way to earn money for plane tickets and so forth. So I went out and bought some supplies and gave it a try!

If you are interested in seeing the scapulars I ended up with, please try this link:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/StellaMarigoldArt?ref=si_shop

Or type "StellaMarigoldArt" into Etsy's search-bar.

I only have nine scapulars available now, but I will make more (if this works out) and as I mention several times in the shop information, I am very happy to work with you if you have a custom design in mind.

Thank you and God bless you!

They are indeed very lovely.  Is it customary to insert a prayer between the backing and the embroidered bit, or is it just "as is"? I'm not really familiar with the concept.  

I hope you have a lot of success with them.

Alberto Guimaraes

Peace and Good! :saint2:

They are lovely! :bounce:

Etsy must make some scapulars with TAU and another franciscan signs!

Jesus, Mary and Francis bless Etsy and you all!

Br. Alberto Guimaraes SFO

Braga - Portugal

AuthorOfMyLife

Thank you so much, everyone!

Antigonos, I'm not sure what you mean about the prayer between the backing and the embroidery--my scapulars don't have any prayers inserted in them (except for the prayers I try to pray for the recipient while I make the scapular!).

I really appreciate the support!

Those are gorgeous! I'm curious, what kind of thread are you using?

Edited by EmilyAnn

AuthorOfMyLife

Peace and Good! :saint2:

They are lovely! :bounce:

Etsy must make some scapulars with TAU and another franciscan signs!

Jesus, Mary and Francis bless Etsy and you all!

Braga - Portugal

Just so you know, Brother Guimaraes, I could make a scapular with a Franciscan TAU symbol if you would like one! I am very happy to discuss custom work.

Anyway, God bless you, too!

Spem in alium

Goodness me! They are so beautiful! You are very, very skilled. I may consider buying (or commissioning) one from you! :)

Alberto Guimaraes

Just so you know, Brother Guimaraes, I could make a scapular with a Franciscan TAU symbol if you would like one! I am very happy to discuss custom work.

Anyway, God bless you, too!

Peace and Good!  :saint2:

How I' ld wish that!  :like3:

Blessings, my sister!

Braga - Portugal

I just tried to buy one for a friend's birthday gift (the one with the dogwood blossoms) but it says it can't be shipped to the UK. Would you consider expanding to an international audience? :)

AuthorOfMyLife

I just tried to buy one for a friend's birthday gift (the one with the dogwood blossoms) but it says it can't be shipped to the UK. Would you consider expanding to an international audience? :)

Oh, yes, I'm sorry about that! I didn't expect international orders, so I didn't set that up. I would love for your friend to have the Dogwood Blossom scapular, however. Let me see what I can do about this tomorrow, and I'll get back to you. Thank you so much for the support!

Thank you so much, everyone!

Antigonos, I'm not sure what you mean about the prayer between the backing and the embroidery--my scapulars don't have any prayers inserted in them (except for the prayers I try to pray for the recipient while I make the scapular!).

I really appreciate the support!

As I said, I don't know much about the practice of wearing a scapular other than as part of a religious habit.  It just looked as if it might have a sort of pocket into which a prayer that one wanted kept close to the heart might be inserted, that's all.  Thanks for the clarification.