An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Meet Up 2013

Papist

I think Minneapolis in summer would be a great place, if we can get jaime to show up. I don't know how likely this is as he left me a while back for an actual real life woman.

homeschoolmom

I think Minneapolis in summer would be a great place, if we can get jaime to show up. I don't know how likely this is as he left me a while back for an actual real life woman.

Mpls. could be just fine for other reasons. <_<

We could have it in DC or Northern VA. 

This would be expensive. Not to mention NoVA is just repulsively corporate-suburban.

Minneapolis would rock. I would be willing to ask my parents if we could have people crash, but I haven't done so yet. So no promises.

If (and that's only if right now) they say yes, I can say for certain the following conditions will be in place:

-We don't have alcohol in our house because there are little kids. If you want to drink you will have to do it elsewhere.

-You will need to bring a sleeping bag.

TheLordsSouljah

While you're at it, come to Australia. We can chill over drinks at Sydney harbour while we think of the strangest concoction to give to MIkolbe.

While you're at it, come to Australia. We can chill over drinks at Sydney harbour while we think of the strangest concoction to give to MIkolbe.

This is a great idea. Me and my wife have been trying to plan an Australian trip for a long time now, but we keep having kids--and not the baby kangaroo kind.

When is the best time of year to come? We'd like to come when the weather is still ok, but not during the peak tourist times. In other words, the best "non busy" time of year.

TheLordsSouljah

This is a great idea. Me and my wife have been trying to plan an Australian trip for a long time now, but we keep having kids--and not the baby kangaroo kind.

Hehe, you mean joeys?? ;)

When is the best time of year to come? We'd like to come when the weather is still ok, but not during the peak tourist times. In other words, the best "non busy" time of year.

Actually, the best time of year to come is March/April for awesome weather, October/November also really good, though might rain, and December through Feb for heat-lovers. Do it!! But if you can, I'd get out of the city. An hour up or down the coast will be so much nicer, trust me (for Sydney). Melbourne gorgeous, for the fashion geeks, generally cold, Tasmania is natures' heaven on earth for beauty (though summer is a must), and the Sunshine and Gold coasts are worth visiting, especially if you are a surfie.   For the best time to travel, probably go February, that way all the schools are back, the heat is not too intense, and you'll have the beaches to yourselves. If you go Wollongong/Kiama/Batemans Bay way (south coast Sydney), you'll have a thin strip of urban sammiched between AWESOMME beaches and mountains. Highly recommended. Be awesome for you to come out here, especially with the family. God bless  :) ;) 

Oh, and by the way, I was trying to PM you but it wasn't working.... inbox full? have no idea. Peace