An Old School Catholic Message Board

My First Act As Church Militant

the171

ToJesusMyHeart

What happened to the Church Faithful tag? I hardly see that anywhere. Isn't it for people who are Militant-like, minus the charitable apologetics quality?

ToJesusMyHeart

Church Faithful- Member must be 100% loyal to the Magisterium. Members who have shown they are fully faithful and Orthodox to ALL church teaching. Recommended by other Church Faithful. Will be tagged with a Vatican flag icon. 

Church Militant- The requirements of Church Faithful plus a demonstration of Charity when dealing with non-Catholics. Have also shown a willingness and talent to defend Church teachings with Apologetics. Will be tagged with a Vatican flag + cross icon. 

Where have all the Faithfuls gone?! :(

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart

Nihil Obstat

I do not think we have had that distinction in years now. Personally I cannot remember ever seeing it.

I do not think we have had that distinction in years now. Personally I cannot remember ever seeing it.

I remember it. I think it just meant that a person was "faithful" to the magisterium in his posts, but that he was not necessarily good at formulating a defense of Catholic doctrine.

Nihil Obstat

I remember it. I think it just meant that a person was "faithful" to the magisterium in his posts, but that he was not necessarily good at formulating a defense of Catholic doctrine.

I wonder, were we still using that tag when I joined in '08?

I wonder, were we still using that tag when I joined in '08?

It may have been dropped by that time, but it was in use when I joined in 2004.

I nominate Basilisa Marie to be Church Militant. Not only is she competent of Church teaching, but she is able to adequately defend it. She is a prime candidate for the tag.

agreed.