An Old School Catholic Message Board

Favorite Gun

jeffboom

Maximilianus

those pics are photoshopped, the originals had a hot glue gun and a grease gun respectively 

Edited by Maximilianus

PhuturePriest

Kansas is an open carry State, so even though my dad has the concealed carry license, he walks around with it in the open all the time. He scared the floopy out of a cashier at a convenience store once, in fact. The poor guy was living in a town much too close to Colorado, so the liberal Colorado influence probably spread across the Kansas border.

those pics are photoshopped, the originals had a hot glue gun and a grease gun respectively 

ds' had a hair dryer

Nihil Obstat

If they are both 9mm, it should be easy to find cross compatible mags. That should save you a little money. 

If I'm not mistaken, the PX4 storm can hold two or three rounds more than the 92FS, so while I imagine you could probably find mags compatible in both, you are either sacrificing a few rounds, or you would have a bit of excess mag on the 92. In which case, I would rather just get a 30 round extended mag. :hehe:

But unfortunately, the cost isn't really the mags, or even the ammunition, so much as the cost of the gun itself, as well as the course I would need to take to get the (R)PAL for Canada. And at that point it's a question of costs versus benefits, because I can never carry in Canada.

At this point my plan is to wait until I'm in the US, then really try to get into it as a hobby. For now my knife addiction hobby tides me over.

Maximilianus

If I'm not mistaken, the PX4 storm can hold two or three rounds more than the 92FS, so while I imagine you could probably find mags compatible in both, you are either sacrificing a few rounds, or you would have a bit of excess mag on the 92. In which case, I would rather just get a 30 round extended mag. :hehe:

But unfortunately, the cost isn't really the mags, or even the ammunition, so much as the cost of the gun itself, as well as the course I would need to take to get the (R)PAL for Canada. And at that point it's a question of costs versus benefits, because I can never carry in Canada.

At this point my plan is to wait until I'm in the US, then really try to get into it as a hobby. For now my knife addiction hobby tides me over.

Here you go. It's a muzzle loader, but that makes it even cooler

deadwood.jpg

I'm surprised you can even have magazines >10 rounds in Canada. I can't even imagine what a Beretta 92 costs in Canada. 

Nihil Obstat

Here you go. It's a muzzle loader, but that makes it even cooler

deadwood.jpg

That is a pretty pretty damascus blade. Frankly I think it's ruined by shoving a gun into the mix. :smile3:

I'm surprised you can even have magazines >10 rounds in Canada. I can't even imagine what a Beretta 92 costs in Canada. 

Oh, we don't. Not for normal people, at any rate. I'm in the 'when I get to the US' mindset.
The cost of the gun itself is probably not radically different. Probably somewhat more expensive, but not ridiculously so.

Maximilianus

That is a pretty pretty damascus blade. Frankly I think it's ruined by shoving a gun into the mix. :smile3:

I'm sure someone, somewhere on another forum said the same thing... in reverse 

Nihil Obstat

Reminds me of this beautiful piece of work:

690-101.jpg

Benchmade 690-101.

arrow_gray.gif Mike Norris Hornets Nest Damascus 

arrow_gray.gif Hand finished and blended light Mammoth Ivory and Mokume bolster

arrow_gray.gif Anodized and polished gold titanium liners 

arrow_gray.gif Red topaz thumb-stud 

arrow_gray.gif Limited run of 100 pieces; $1,500 MSRP