Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

ToJesusMyHeart
Posted

Well, in honesty, my argument has shifted a bit over the course of the thread.  I may or may not had been hoping no one would notice, haha. :)  Y'all caught me.   

:detective:

 

 

My point now is that a bishop DOES have the authority to make a call about liturgical postures at some points in the liturgy of the Eucharist, and when our bishop does exercise that authority, we have to obey him, even if we don't like it.  

 

  Yes, but the authority cannot mandate posture for Holy Communion. :)

Though personally speaking I think it's crud for a priest to offer "pastoral correction" for someone who wants to kneel to receive, just because it's conspicuous, and I'm glad it's no longer a thing.   

Amen to that.

 

Question for you guys, though - do you kneel or remain standing after the Sanctus?  I can't remember which one I do more often, probably because I should pay attention more.  I know I've done both within the last six months, but I've also been in three difference dioceses in the last six months.  Does it matter to you guys?

 

 

I always kneel. It matters to me greatly. In my life, I use standing as a posture of defiance. I don't want to do that to God. So I kneel, which for me puts my heart in the proper reverent state to worship.  :pope2:

PhuturePriest
Posted

:detective:

 

 

  Yes, but the authority cannot mandate posture for Holy Communion. :)

Amen to that.

I always kneel. It matters to me greatly. In my life, I use standing as a posture of defiance. I don't want to do that to God. So I kneel, which for me puts my heart in the proper reverent state to worship.  :pope2:

 

I will be able to answer her question as soon as someone tells me what the Sanctus is. :P

ToJesusMyHeart
Posted
Acclamation                                                                  Acclamation
A:  Holy, holy, holy Lord.                A:  Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus,
    God of power and might.                   Dòminus Deus Sàbaoth.  
    Heaven and earth are full                 Pleni sunt caeli et terra 
    of your glory.                            in glòria tua. 
      Hosanna in the highest.                   Hosànna in excèlsis.  
    Blessed is he who comes                   Benedictus qui venit 
    in the name of the Lord.                  in nòmine Dòmini.  
      Hosanna in the highest.                   Hosànna in excèlsis.
Nihil Obstat
Posted

I will be able to answer her question as soon as someone tells me what the Sanctus is. :P

Sanctus Sanctus Sanctus, dominus deus sabaoth, etc..
Nihil Obstat
Posted

Drat, beaten by my traddy buddy. :smile3:

ToJesusMyHeart
Posted

:P

PhuturePriest
Posted

Acclamation                                                                  Acclamation

A:  Holy, holy, holy Lord.                A:  Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus,
    God of power and might.                   Dòminus Deus Sàbaoth.  
    Heaven and earth are full                 Pleni sunt caeli et terra 
    of your glory.                            in glòria tua. 
      Hosanna in the highest.                   Hosànna in excèlsis.  
    Blessed is he who comes                   Benedictus qui venit 
    in the name of the Lord.                  in nòmine Dòmini.  
      Hosanna in the highest.                   Hosànna in excèlsis.

 

 

Sanctus Sanctus Sanctus, dominus deus sabaoth, etc..

 

Where is this in the Mass?

ToJesusMyHeart
Posted

Uhhhhh.................................................................. :|

ToJesusMyHeart
Posted (edited)

.

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart
Nihil Obstat
Posted

Immediately preceding the Canon.

PhuturePriest
Posted

You should know it if you go to Mass weekly....it's after the kiss of peace.

 

Kiss of peace? You mean the sign of peace?

ToJesusMyHeart
Posted

Oh my gosh I'm losing my mind. 

 

I got 2 hours of sleep last night. Time to get off phatmass and goofing up your replies.

 

night night. 

PhuturePriest
Posted

Immediately preceding the Canon.

 

You're just doing this to screw with me.

ToJesusMyHeart
Posted

 I SAID THE WRONG THING I AM SORRY.

 

It's not after the kiss of peace. That's the Agnus Dei. 

 

And yes, KISS OF PEACE. Not sign. Bleck. Modernism.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

You're just doing this to screw with me.


Oh come on. :smile3: You know what the Canon is!
PhuturePriest
Posted

Oh come on. :smile3: You know what the Canon is!

 

Afraid not. I don't really know the technical terms to anything in the Mass. I know the Mass well in itself, I just don't know the terms for it. I really want to learn them, though.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Afraid not. I don't really know the technical terms to anything in the Mass. I know the Mass well in itself, I just don't know the terms for it. I really want to learn them, though.


I will refer you to a Missal then. I am not sure how to accurately point it out without its proper name. :p
I seem to recall Fisheaters having a good Ordinary online.
Nihil Obstat
Posted (edited)

Double.

Edited by Nihil Obstat
PhuturePriest
Posted

I will refer you to a Missal then. I am not sure how to accurately point it out without its proper name. :P
I seem to recall Fisheaters having a good Ordinary online.

 

What's a missal?

Nihil Obstat
Posted

*headdesk*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...