An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Official

petitpèlerin

petitpèlerin

I've been accepted and will be entering the Apostolic Sisters of St John this fall.

The question now is where: I've been studying with the community in France for two years, have discerned here and have been preparing to enter here, but now it's possible that I'll enter in the new house of formation in the US. It would only be for one year and then I'd be sent back here to France to continue formation. I'm very stressed about it, and I'll avoid discussing the details here, but I'll meet with the prior general this weekend and it will be settled one way or another.

Nothing like mixing pleasure with pain. This weekend is Petencost weekend, which is the single most major annual event of the Community of St John, where they gather from all over France, Europe and even the world in Paray-le-Monial (home of the Sacred Heart apparitions of St Margaret Mary Alocoque) for a big celebration, many investitures, first vows, and final vows, and lots and lots of friendship, brotherly and sisterly love, joy, and prayer. I'm ecstatic to be spending this time with my brothers and sisters I've gotten to know and love these past two years, and very sad to be saying "see you later" to some of them who I won't see for many years (since some of them will be receiving new assignments around the world, and I'm headed home to the US a few days later), and I'm anticipating what things the Spirit might bring at the end of this very providential and blessed year. I'm terrified and excited.

Congratulations................many prayers for you as you prepare to enter this lovely Community in a few months time.

Enjoy this   weekend with your brothers and sisters.

Congratulations................many prayers for you as you prepare to enter this lovely Community in a few months time.

Enjoy this   weekend with your brothers and sisters.

petitpèlerin

Your stressed about coming to the US?

Yeah. I've fallen in love with the community in France and developed some really good and important friendships with some brothers and sisters here. I can't stand the thought of not being with the people here, and this is the heart of the community, where it's based worldwide, so in some ways leaving feels like taking a step backward. But the postulancy is in Princeville (IL) in the heart of the community in the US, and it would be good to get to know the community there, too, since I am American, and then I'd be back in France in a year for my novitiate.

The whole reasoning behind it is that the Church wants us as far as possible to receive formation in our own language and culture. I think I have some unique circumstances, but I just talked to a brother-priest I trust and he told me I'll understand and appreciate it more later on down the road. I can accept that. So maybe I'm not so stressed any more.

TheresaThoma

YAAAAY!!!! I'm so excited for you! Enjoy this weekend, I'm certain there will be tons of graces flowing for you and everyone there. 

Here is a thought about having to come back to the US. I think the rest of your postulant class would be greatly helped by your experiences with the community in France, particularly when it comes time to go to France for the novitiate. 

petitpèlerin

Thank you all. :)

TT, the graces will be flowing indeed, the question is will I be open to them!! Prie pour moi, je prie pour toi. :)

The students' car that the brothers generously let us use here broke down this week. We were planning on taking it up to Paray-le-Monial. We had to go running to the brothers last minute to ask if we could us ride on their bus. (They said yes.) At least the car broke down Tuesday and not tomorrow morning after the brothers' bus had left. It's one of those nothing-will-go-the-way-you-planned-so-learn-to-trust-me weeks. Welcome to discernment, entrance, and community life, right?

maximillion

Eh bien, je suis tres tres content pour toi!

Priere pour moi a Paray le Monial, j'ai un grand devotion au Sacre Coeur!

Enjoy yourself too.

Prayers.

Julie de Sales

I'm so excited for you, I waited for this news  :bananarap:  I encountered some Apostolic Sisters of St John the past year and they were very nice with me and my friend. I noticed them during Mass and I kept wondering who they might be, by the habit I had the feeling they were from this congregation (I guess I now know most of the habits for all the orders, I saw so many nun photos :hehe2: ) and after the celebration I went to meet them. From the group there were also two romanian sisters, they have a foundation in my country. I believe the brothers are also present. 

They also attracted my attention by the fact that in church they were sitting down on the floor and this is very uncommun for us. However, I think it's nice to pray like this.

HopefulBride

Congratulations! Prayers for you as you continue with your discernment.

When is your entrance date?

petitpèlerin

Eh bien, je suis tres tres content pour toi!

Priere pour moi a Paray le Monial, j'ai un grand devotion au Sacre Coeur!

Enjoy yourself too.

Prayers.

Merci! Je prierai pour toi, et pour nous tous!

The thing about the Sacred Heart is that, where it is, so also is the Immaculate Heart. Which is where these two years have led me, and it's so appropriate that I'm going to finish up my time here there. Providence has been so good to me.