An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Official

petitpèlerin

The really happy news: there is one other girl entering in the US with me this fall . . . and she happens to be a dear, dear friend of mine!! We met and spent two months together in France two years ago when I first arrived there and we became fast and good friends. She helped me make the initial acclimations to French and European culture. She was discerning with the apostolic sisters then but she still had a long ways to go: finish university, work, etc. She went back to her side of the world (New Zealand) and we said a difficult and teary goodbye, not knowing if we'd ever see each other again. We've stayed in touch, but I didn't breathe a word of my discernment to her because I didn't want to influence hers, which has not exactly been smooth sailing. I had no idea what her status was and I hadn't heard in a while and the time wasn't really right to ask so I just wondered, and wondered . . . Then I found out at Pentecost weekend that she will be entering in the US with me!!! And she just found a few days ago that I'll be entering with her!! Quelle joie!!!

My worst fear - that I'd be entering with a bunch of young Americans who had no experience with French or France or the community in France - is destroyed. My friend has had tons of her own experience with all those things - much more than me - and we can work at a more advanced level to practice French before going back to France in a year or two.

I'm on my way tomorrow to visit the sisters in NJ for a few days. I've only been home in the US for a week and I miss the community a lot. I'm really looking forward to seeing them and catching up with a brother and a sister I know there: two of the first three I ever met! Then a week later I'll be headed west to spend the summer with them in camps and programs, stopping in Illinois along the way and visiting my new home for the first time. Things are moving quickly. :)

I have a VERY good friend that is with these Sisters in France :) :) She has made 1st profession of vows...she is one beautiful Sister. PM for her name :)

Along with good, comes a level of sacrifice as well! Congrats to you and try and enjoy being in the present!

That is lovely news..............many prayers as you both continue your discernment.  God Bless.!!

Guest Allie

The really happy news: there is one other girl entering in the US with me this fall . . . and she happens to be a dear, dear friend of mine!! We met and spent two months together in France two years ago when I first arrived there and we became fast and good friends. She helped me make the initial acclimations to French and European culture. She was discerning with the apostolic sisters then but she still had a long ways to go: finish university, work, etc. She went back to her side of the world (New Zealand) and we said a difficult and teary goodbye, not knowing if we'd ever see each other again. We've stayed in touch, but I didn't breathe a word of my discernment to her because I didn't want to influence hers, which has not exactly been smooth sailing. I had no idea what her status was and I hadn't heard in a while and the time wasn't really right to ask so I just wondered, and wondered . . . Then I found out at Pentecost weekend that she will be entering in the US with me!!! And she just found a few days ago that I'll be entering with her!! Quelle joie!!!

My worst fear - that I'd be entering with a bunch of young Americans who had no experience with French or France or the community in France - is destroyed. My friend has had tons of her own experience with all those things - much more than me - and we can work at a more advanced level to practice French before going back to France in a year or two.

I'm on my way tomorrow to visit the sisters in NJ for a few days. I've only been home in the US for a week and I miss the community a lot. I'm really looking forward to seeing them and catching up with a brother and a sister I know there: two of the first three I ever met! Then a week later I'll be headed west to spend the summer with them in camps and programs, stopping in Illinois along the way and visiting my new home for the first time. Things are moving quickly. :)

Wonderful news.  SO happy for you both.