An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bg's Random Ramblings And Thoughts 3

BG45

Thanks! :)  And that made me laugh, the Greek thing.  God bless you man, my mind is boggled by people who can study and understand things like ancient Greek!  One pagan friend actually knows it really well, being raised in a church that made you study it as a kid, but I don't count her.  Not due to her being pagan now, but because she's a natural with languages!

---

According to my houseguest, who left, I'm apparently the best ever Eat N Park wingman for other men. Every time I go to that restaurant with just another guy, they get hit on enough that even I know the waitress is flirting (different waitress each time). Went there with my ex-roommate once, waitress hit on him. Went there with a prof last month, waitress hit on him. Went there with ex officemate, waitress hit on him. Went there just now with my houseguest, waitress hit on him.

Thanks, sorta a blow to the ego, but it happens.  Love the dude like a brother, but some of the drama this weekend has been a bit nuts.  I was up until 2am listening to him freak out about how he thinks his girlfriend's parents hate him.  Wish I had their side of things, because from just his side, it sounds like it.

Edit:  Just woke myself up snoring...time for early bed methinks.

I know!  Takei made my day the other day with the Von Trapp!  Needed it too, the guy who was going to help me with my survey backed out...

--

Overall a good-ish day.  Just now checking PM though.  Anyhow, I've:

*Reorganized a 26 page literature review

*Written around 2 pages of new segues between paragraphs.

*18 dissertation comments done, bringing me almost to halfway through the 84

*Printed off some stuff to read for the dissertation when I go home to the apartment..

*120 8lb dumbbell raises

*150  8lb dumbbell bicep curls

*Walked a mile

*Eaten 610 calories between breakfast and lunch, meaning I can have 2 pieces of pizza for dinner.

*Printed out my directions to the hotel for the wedding this weekend.

*Printed out the hotel confirmation from Travelocity.

*Printed out directions to two separate parishes for early Mass on Sunday morning after the wedding.  (Thanks MassTimes.org and Google Maps!)

Prayers on that survey!!!

That's a lot of really good things done -- and congrats on all that exercise & walking!!!

Be a little careful trusting Masstimes... I've been stood up by them a NUMBER of times.  it's a good first place to check, but they don't get their data updated often enough.  Once you have the parishes located, check the parish webpages and ideally the LAST BULLETIN to confirm that there haven't been any last-minute mass changes.  And/or call the parish to confirm.

(I actually showed up for a daily Mass trusting Mass times only to discover it had been eliminated... and that now they had a free breakfast line for homeless people being served there at that time.  Which was good, I have no problem with that, obviously there was a need... it just wasn't Mass!   But the guys in the line were VERY eager to have me stay for breakfast..... :eek: )

(I actually showed up for a daily Mass trusting Mass times only to discover it had been eliminated... and that now they had a free breakfast line for homeless people being served there at that time.  Which was good, I have no problem with that, obviously there was a need... it just wasn't Mass!   But the guys in the line were VERY eager to have me stay for breakfast..... :eek: )

Hahahaha this mental image made my day. Only you, Annie. :)

Glad I made your day, Missy!!!

Yeah... and that before I had my coffee, even.... it was a 6:30 AM Mass I was trying to attend.... and not at my best and brightest at that hour... free coffee was almost tempting.  Almost....

Thanks for the prayers!  Hoping to get the last smidge of Lit Rev done tomorrow, as well as part of my sampling methods.  Then it's a 3 day break from dissertating because I have a wedding in Ohio.  (Taking my book for juvenile justice to begin prepping it in the hotel room while I'm offline.)

And erm, rather interesting experience you had there.  Will definitely double check against a pdf of the bulletins or something, given I have no desire to be in that situation.  Though probably the homeless guys wouldn't like my company as much as that of the opposite gender's. 

If you were dressed in an expensive suit, they might have liked the look of you JUST FINE, BG. 

'Til they find out you are a starving grad student....

Good point.  Caring for the homeless isn't really my charism, as noble as it is.  Found that out nicely when I had no cash and gave a man in Cincinatti my food instead, only for him to get angry and throw it on the ground.

Good point.  Caring for the homeless isn't really my charism, as noble as it is.  

Me either. :hehe:

Didn't get as much done as I wanted today, but have printed out directions to the church where the wedding is and the reception hall and double checked the Masstimes stuff for Mass the day after my friend D's wedding!

Me either. :hehe:

We shall leave it to your fiance then? :)