Basilisa Marie Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 Aha! To be serious for a moment, I would like to nominate ToJesusMyHeart and To Jesus Through Mary, who coincidentally have rather similar screennames. And probably I have mixed them up in the past. They are both very friendly, and very faithful to the Church. You're probably too conservative to nominate people. :saint2:
Anastasia13 Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 You're probably too conservative to nominate people. :saint2: He's not too conservative, he just sticks closer to the way Catholicism used to be practiced. God bless him for it.
Basilisa Marie Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 (edited) derp. Edited June 9, 2013 by Basilisa Marie
PhuturePriest Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 You're probably too conservative to nominate people. :saint2: But being conservative means you rarely nominate people. Being a liberal such as yourself means you nominate everyone. Strictly speaking, his opinion means more because he rarely nominates people and only nominates those who deserve it, whereas you would nominate everyone in site.
Basilisa Marie Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 But being conservative means you rarely nominate people. Being a liberal such as yourself means you nominate everyone. Strictly speaking, his opinion means more because he rarely nominates people and only nominates those who deserve it, whereas you would nominate everyone in site. I don't think Dust meant that he thought I was liberal in my nomination choices. :|
PhuturePriest Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 (edited) I don't think Dust meant that he thought I was liberal in my nomination choices. :| I don't care what you say, my liberal/conservative economic joke was intellectual comedy gold. Edited June 9, 2013 by FuturePriest387
Nihil Obstat Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 You're probably too conservative to nominate people. :saint2: I am not conservative; I am traditionalist. :| If I were conservative I would not have much interest in restoring the traditional Mass as ordinary. :bounce:
vee Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 I am not conservative; I am traditionalist. :| If I were conservative I would not have much interest in restoring the traditional Mass as ordinary. :bounce: That explains why your name isn't "felt banner" then :p
Nihil Obstat Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 That explains why your name isn't "felt banner" then :P I made a felt banner once. To my eternal shame. It was for First Communion, so I did not know any better.
Oremoose Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 If it were possible to un-nominate people, I don't think ANYONE would be Church Militant. :) For some reason I cannot get this comment in out of my mind. I would simply like to disagree with you. The CM Tag i think should be something of that draws respect and so if you need to maintain a certain amount of maturity or level of formation in their posting may do the trick...or it would just make it meh and it only shows those who the teacher caught playing nice.
Oremoose Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 For some reason I cannot get this comment in out of my mind. I would simply like to disagree with you. The CM Tag i think should be something of that draws respect and so if you need to maintain a certain amount of maturity or level of formation in their posting may do the trick...or it would just make it meh and it only shows those who the teacher caught playing nice. I mistyped this is what I meant to say: For some reason I cannot get this comment in out of my mind. I would simply like to disagree with you. The CM Tag i think should be something of that draws respect so those who are constantly respectful will rise above the rest and keep the CM tag. But If you need to maintain a certain amount of maturity, digression or level of formation in their posting will show those worthy will. A. Work or B. It would just make it the tag a laughing stock and only shows those who the teacher caught playing nice.
Basilisa Marie Posted June 9, 2013 Posted June 9, 2013 I agree that the CM tag should be something that isn't given lightly. But I think the idea of being able to un-nominate people would only turn into a public-opinion hate-fest. If any un-nominating did happen, it would have to be in a private message to a mod, not out in the public forum space. That's more of what I meant.
Gabriela Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 I thought the CM tag was for people who have demonstrated exceptional knowledge of Catholicism. Can it also apply to people who demonstrate exceptional faith to the Church, exceptional simplicity, exceptional kindness, exceptional humility, and other exceptional virtues, even if they aren't super-intellectual, well-read defenders of the Faith?
dominicansoul Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 This one goes without saying but.. dominicansoul. I think the only reason she isn't one is because of the "I'm amesome!" tag donors had for a little while. thanks but no thanks. I love being a chummy commoner. The only thing better for me would be a "chubby" commoner... lololololololol
vee Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 thanks but no thanks. I love being a chummy commoner. The only thing better for me would be a "chubby" commoner... lololololololol or crummy commoner
Jesus_lol Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 hmmm, nominations from a a person with a liberal reputation dont help? I nominate dUSt for Church Militant.
KnightofChrist Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 I also would like to nominate Light and Truth for Church Militant.
arfink Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 I'll also nominate Light and Truth for Church Militant.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now