KnightofChrist Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 Dust I know this is an attempt at humor, but with much respect I must say I am confused and perplexed. As I understood you asked the Phorum to avoid immature jokes that are sexual in nature. How is this joke different and how is it not sexual in nature?
To Jesus Through Mary Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 TJTM, it's better to make light of the darkness rather than lament it... or words to that effect. Really? How is it better? How is making a sexual joke when an attack on marriage is even remotely "better"? Not to mention the crazy double standard. But this is going to have a huge effect on our Church and society. I am not saying to sit around and pout, but I fail to see how making light of such a tragedy is "better"
Seven77 Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 Wow. I thought that we are supposed to be optimistic, hopeful and joyful as Christians. Of course the decision is tragic and we must pray for our nation--- but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a laugh. The picture is so utterly ridiculous that it cannot be taken as a "sexual" joke. I think that it is quite obvious that dUSt doesn't really care for that person in that way... even though a fruit hat might suggest otherwise…
To Jesus Through Mary Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 Wow. I thought that we are supposed to be optimistic, hopeful and joyful as Christians. Of course the decision is tragic and we must pray for our nation--- but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a laugh. The picture is so utterly ridiculous that it cannot be taken as a "sexual" joke. I think that it is quite obvious that dUSt doesn't really care for that person in that way... even though a fruit hat might suggest otherwise… Making jokes or light of a tragedy is not true hope or joy? And Christ never said we had optimistic. And of course we can enjoy a laugh, but should we laugh at sin? How is that NOT a sexual joke? Do I think dUSt is really gay? No- is he making a joke- yes. Is it sexual in nature. yep. (Yes I realize I just lost any shot at Church Militant tag)
franciscanheart Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 Wow. I thought that we are supposed to be optimistic, hopeful and joyful as Christians. Of course the decision is tragic and we must pray for our nation--- but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a laugh. The picture is so utterly ridiculous that it cannot be taken as a "sexual" joke. I think that it is quite obvious that dUSt doesn't really care for that person in that way... even though a fruit hat might suggest otherwise…I don't know... dUSt and Apollo DO hang out a lot. :think: :lol: People: laugh. It's okay. We all know it's a joke.(This place is getting a bit uptight for being Ordinary Time...)
KnightofChrist Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 (edited) Wow. I thought that we are supposed to be optimistic, hopeful and joyful as Christians. Of course the decision is tragic and we must pray for our nation--- but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a laugh. The picture is so utterly ridiculous that it cannot be taken as a "sexual" joke. I think that it is quite obvious that dUSt doesn't really care for that person in that way... even though a fruit hat might suggest otherwise… Well think about from a different angle. Say I post a image of me and my completely platonic female friend laying on a sofa together I with my hand up her shirt and she with her hand on my bum. Would you be as quick to dismiss concerns that it wasn't a joke that was sexual in nature? God bless Edited June 26, 2013 by KnightofChrist
Tony Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 (edited) If the yog.urt thing never happened would you even bat an eye at two fully clothed men on the same couch? Edited June 26, 2013 by Tony
Lil Red Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 I don't know... dUSt and Apollo DO hang out a lot. :think: :lol: People: laugh. It's okay. We all know it's a joke. (This place is getting a bit uptight for being Ordinary Time...) thank you for saying Apollo's name - I kept trying to think of it and couldn't! p.s. i think this picture was taken months ago (I think I recall seeing it on facebook), it's not like dUSt had Apollo over at his house specifically to take this picture for the purpose of this thread.
Vincent Vega Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 Is it ironic that people are getting so butthurt, given the subject matter? Also, I smell a mutiny brewing...I guess it has been a while since a splinter faction started a new forum. The market is probably ready..!
Seven77 Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 Well think about from a different angle. Say I post a image of me and my completely platonic female friend laying on a sofa together I with my hand up her shirt and she with her hand on my bum. Would you be as quick to dismiss concerns that it wasn't a joke that was sexual in nature? God bless Here's the difference: you are naturally attracted to your platonic friend. There is nothing wrong with that… until you start playing with fire In the name of fun and games. Now, in this case, dUSt is not attracted to Apollo-- if he were then you have every right to be seriously concerned. Sorry… your analogy does not work… again.
franciscanheart Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 Is it ironic that people are getting so butthurt, given the subject matter? Also, I smell a mutiny brewing...I guess it has been a while since a splinter faction started a new forum. The market is probably ready..! :hehe:You're my favorite. :like:
To Jesus Through Mary Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 If the yog.urt thing never happened would you even bat an eye at two fully clothed men on the same couch? It is two fully clothed men in an obvious mock erotic pose. A joke- yes. Sexual in nature- no doubt. The y.ogurt thing is just a ridiculous double standard, but doesn't change the reality of what this is. It is not ok to make light of sin- especially in the wake of such a tragedy. Being gay is not cute, it is not quirky, it is not funny. It is a disorder and a homosexual act is a grave evil. It is sad and a cross for those who bare it. (Imagine someone struggling with SSA came across this post- what do you think they would think the Catholic position really is? Or someone who really struggles with it and is trying to remain chaste and someone is making a joke)
dUSt Posted June 26, 2013 Author Posted June 26, 2013 Woa, woa woa!!! Hold your horses!!! This is NOT a sexual pose. It is two grown heterosexual men spooning. It's perfectly normal. Get you mind out of the gutter people!
Basilisa Marie Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 (edited) People react to situations differently. For a lot of people, humor is a coping mechanism. I think that's what makes this situation at least little bit different from the last thing. It's Dust's forum, he can do what he wants. If he wanted to turn this into a pony forum, he could. Edited June 26, 2013 by Basilisa Marie
dUSt Posted June 26, 2013 Author Posted June 26, 2013 And here's a fact check for you: only the one who got on the couch second would be considered gay. The one who got on the couch first is simply a happy victim.
To Jesus Through Mary Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 And here's a fact check for you: only the one who got on the couch second would be considered gay. The one who got on the couch first is simply a happy victim. It is two fully clothed men in an obvious mock erotic pose. A joke- yes. Sexual in nature- no doubt. The y.ogurt thing is just a ridiculous double standard, but doesn't change the reality of what this is. It is not ok to make light of sin- especially in the wake of such a tragedy. Being gay is not cute, it is not quirky, it is not funny. It is a disorder and a homosexual act is a grave evil. It is sad and a cross for those who bare it. (Imagine someone struggling with SSA came across this post- what do you think they would think the Catholic position really is? Or someone who really struggles with it and is trying to remain chaste and someone is making a joke)
dUSt Posted June 26, 2013 Author Posted June 26, 2013 Dust I know this is an attempt at humor, but with much respect I must say I am confused and perplexed. As I understood you asked the Phorum to avoid immature jokes that are sexual in nature. How is this joke different and how is it not sexual in nature? I am confused and perplexed that you (or anyone else for that matter) would look at this picture sexually.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now