Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Texas Pro-aborts Chant ' Hail Satan '


Recommended Posts

Chestertonian
Posted

Maybe we should get our facts straightened out before we start posting things like this. Just a suggestion. I know: I'm a bad Catholic.

 

Are you pro-choice?

PhuturePriest
Posted

Clearly they were just doing it to rile people up, and essentially to be offensive, but that being said, I am sure Satan will take what honour he can get.

 

Doing it to rile us up or not, it was still incredibly dangerous for their souls.

Nihil Obstat
Posted (edited)

.

Edited by Nihil Obstat
Nihil Obstat
Posted

Doing it to rile us up or not, it was still incredibly dangerous for their souls.

My point exactly. Satan takes whatever he can get.
PhuturePriest
Posted

My point exactly. Satan takes whatever he can get.

 

If people understood the power of Satan, there would be no jokes about him or hell in general.

franciscanheart
Posted

Are you pro-choice?

Is that a serious question?
Chestertonian
Posted

Is that a serious question?

 

Yup. I don't know why you'd assume that I'd be familiar with your position on such matters.

ChristinaTherese
Posted (edited)

Whether or not they believe anything about their chants.... :covereyes: As Nihil and FP have both already said, it's terribly dangerous to play with things like that.

 

As CS Lewis said in The Last Battle, when people (believing he didn't exist) had foolishly called upon Tash (the Narnian equivalent of Satan) and he had come to Narnia:

"It seems, then," said the Unicorn, "That there is a real Tash, after all."

"Yes," said the Dwarf. "And this fool of an Ape, who didn't believe in Tash, will get more than he bargained for! He called for Tash: Tash has come."

"Where has it--he--the Thing--gone to?" said Jill.

"North into the heart of Narnia," said Tirian. "It has come to dwell among us. They have called it and it has come."

"Ho, ho, ho!" chuckled the Dwarf, rubbing its hairy hands together. "It will be a surprise for the Ape. People shouldn't call for demons unless they really mean what they say."

(This was from the beginning of the chaper, What News the Eagle Brought.)

 

It's terrifying when people start to do things such as chant "Hail, Satan" and give mere children (the youngest girl in that picture must be no more than 4 or 5) a part in such an awful and horrible drama. They need our prayers. Badly. I'll offer my rosary tonight for them and the fight in Texas in general. :amen:

 

But... and I'm not sure how much it pertains or how heretical it possibly is, so I'm not going to quote it here, but the speech from the Calormen soldier at the beginning of the chapter Further Up and Further In of the same book gives me some hope. Note exactly in the same way Lewis shows it, but there is some glimmer of hope for these and for there children that I have always seen in that chapter, no matter how faint it may seem.

 

(No, my theology doesn't come from Narnia. That would be... interesting. (I don't think that any of you really think that, but it seems like I've quoted the series a bunch. So, I dunno, I just wanted to clarify.) But Narnia is an alagory, and I've heard/read that series more times than I can count. I've only read The Last Battle a few times (maybe 3 or 4 or something), though, and my dad never read it to us when he read us the rest of the series, even though it's arguably the best of the lot.)

Edited by Christina Thérèse
franciscanheart
Posted

Yup. I don't know why you'd assume that I'd be familiar with your position on such matters.

No, I'm not pro-choice.
Posted

Church Militant....

franciscanheart
Posted

Church Militant....

;)
Posted (edited)

What facts are you referring to?  Do you have any evidence that these reports are false?

 

If so, please enlighten us all to the truth.

 

 

I'd love to.  Grassroots Organizing is a fundraising contracting company.  Organizations like Planned Parenthood, Greenpeace, HRC et cetera pay them to raise money for them.  Those positions being offered are for canvassers.    That is, for people to walk around with clipboards and ask for donations (often dressed up in language about 'membership' which usually entails some sort of regular monthly donations).  I know about Grassroots Organizing because they tried to recruit me for a director position.  I don't like them.  I'm not a big fan of them because I believe they give their entry level employees misleading information about what they'll actually be doing.  Now, I know that those reports are manipulative and deceptive because I have had discussions with high level members of the organizations, did research on them before they interviewed me, and I have had friends who have worked for them as an entry level position.  But anybody interested in getting to the truth could have learned what I know with five to ten minutes of googling.  

Edited by Hasan
Posted

Hasan, I've been wanting to tell you something for a very long time…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I like your pope avatar.

Posted

Hasan, I've been wanting to tell you something for a very long time…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I like your pope avatar.

 

 

Where'd the props go?

Posted

Where'd the props go?

 

 Try doing a Google search--- the truth is out there.

franciscanheart
Posted

I'd love to.  Grassroots Organizing is a fundraising contracting company.  Organizations like Planned Parenthood, Greenpeace, HRC et cetera pay them to raise money for them.  Those positions being offered are for canvassers.    That is, for people to walk around with clipboards and ask for donations (often dressed up in language about 'membership' which usually entails some sort of regular monthly donations).  I know about Grassroots Organizing because they tried to recruit me for a director position.  I don't like them.  I'm not a big fan of them because I believe they give their entry level employees misleading information about what they'll actually be doing.  Now, I know that those reports are manipulative and deceptive because I have had discussions with high level members of the organizations, did research on them before they interviewed me, and I have had friends who have worked for them as an entry level position.  But anybody interested in getting to the truth could have learned what I know with five to ten minutes of googling.

It only took me 3 minutes. :dance:
KnightofChrist
Posted

My sister was there Monday and said this was happening regularly out there. The video only caught one instance of it but it was not an isolated thing. She told me the prochoice protesters would circle around her group while they were praying chanting that.

Good news is that most people here in Texas anticipate the bill to be passed this time.


Apparently your sister didn't bother to do a quick Google search to find out watch she witinessed, wasn't actually what happened. /sarcasm
Posted

Apparently your sister didn't bother to do a quick Google search to find out watch she witinessed, wasn't actually what happened. /sarcasm

 

 

I didn't say anything about the "Hail, Satan" comments.  Not that I have any problem with them.  

Chestertonian
Posted

It only took me 3 minutes. :dance:

 

link?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...