CrossCuT Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 I dont see why the rad-trad Catholics CANT talk about things important to them whether its online, in person, or whatever. :| People who have similar interests are always talking about similar things. I dont remember that ever being a bad thing but what do I know.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 Wait wait, is it being implied that Phatmass is some kind of rad-trad haven? :P I have a feeling a lot of Phatmassers, and perhaps even more rad-trads would take issue with that. :smile3:
Amppax Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 BRING BACK PROPS! BRING BACK PROPS! Damn, couldn't edit. I tend to find the accusation of "rad-trad" ridiculous around here. Maybe I have a different definition of that, I don't know.
CrossCuT Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 Griping on PM, as she put it, is just what people need to do sometimes. We all need a place to vent. :| And what better place to do it than a place filled with rad trad peeps of similar interest! Am I missing something?
4588686 Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 Years living in Dc- 6 protest seasons survived - 10 when i was in college i once or twice "volunteered" for an org and got "reimbursed" for lunch and subway ticket (yeah right) go out by the white house, probably you will see groups that have been out there for weeks, months, years. not as long as Concepcion Picciotto but a long time. sorry to burst any idealistic bubbles out there but most groups that can do this do. ETA: true of orgs in any city with a protest industry. DC is obviously hq but Austin, I'm sure is up there. What organization? Are you saying that your reimbursement exceeded the ticket and lunch cost? Did you volunteer or did you protest? I'm not idealistic. I'm willing to bet that I've personally seen more firsthand than you or 99+% of the population of the nexus that exists between money and politics and they way that individuals use public service to enrich themselves personally. I've also had associations, professional and personal, with organizations that employ our class of professional activists, a group that I have little regard for. I'm not particularly naive or idealistic about our political system and the theatrics that accompany them. But I haven't seen personally or seen any hard evidence of widespread practices of paying people to protest. You might have. But you haven't given any specifics or even clearly said that you have seen this.
Lilllabettt Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club. actually the themes of that movie were only relevant pre 9/11 so I need to find a new reference.
4588686 Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club. actually the themes of that movie were only relevant pre 9/11 so I need to find a new reference. I'm just lashing out because your refusal to throw your hat in the ring for philosopher queen confuses and infuriates me.
Kateri89 Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 Y'all are bickering like the Real Housewives of _______ (name the city).
4588686 Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 Y'all are bickering like the Real Housewives of _______ (name the city). I really liked 'Desperate Housewives.'
Didacus Posted July 10, 2013 Posted July 10, 2013 Judging solely by this post, they may be. No one is saying the chants didn't happen. No one is denying those protesters support abortion. The only thing that was clarified was that the people protesting were not paid to do so. The paid positions someone mentioned here were not protesting positions, but canvassing positions. This seems like a fairly easy concept to grasp, but perhaps my intelligence and/or reading comprehension is just superior. I don't like to make assumptions. I'm french...
Didacus Posted July 10, 2013 Posted July 10, 2013 (edited) If you have felt superior to others for most of your life, it may be that you are, in fact, superior. If the feeling of superiority is isolated to this thread, that is less likely to be the case. She might be constantly surrounded by imbeciles? (just hope that doesn't reflect too directly on me of something... never mind... I think I kinda proved my own point there...) Edited July 10, 2013 by Didacus
Socrates Posted July 10, 2013 Posted July 10, 2013 If you think griping on a message board where only rad-trad Catholics are welcome is going to get PP defunded in Texas, I really have nothing left to say to you. Of course, the exact same could be said about repeatedly griping about pro-lifers on a message board. Hardly seems a productive use of one's time. And I'm not sure what message board you're referring to. Fisheaters? It's obviously not Phatmass, as more Catholics have been banned or suspended here concerning "rad-trad" views than anything else. Not really any regular posters on here who'd be considered "rad-trad," unless you count Nihil Obstat (though I'd hardly consider him a wild-eyed crazy).
CatholicsAreKewl Posted July 10, 2013 Posted July 10, 2013 yes Yes YES! I knew chaos would ensue as soon as Hasan's ban was lifted.
4588686 Posted July 10, 2013 Posted July 10, 2013 yes Yes YES! I knew chaos would ensue as soon as Hasan's ban was lifted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHCdKb5UWc
Winchester Posted July 10, 2013 Posted July 10, 2013 why? didn't quit griping in ohio and got them defunded last week. model for the nation imo. What nation?
Winchester Posted July 10, 2013 Posted July 10, 2013 It was a stunt to get attention. They are clearly idiots. If they'd been cool, they would have praised Cthulu.
CrossCuT Posted July 10, 2013 Posted July 10, 2013 I have to say Hasan, I love the Sassy gay friend videos. My favorite is the one with Ophelia.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now