An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Postulant Olam

Marie Villalovos Smith

Marie Villalovos Smith

Also, did anyone notice that Sr. Judith received her veil from a PCPA?  I couldn't see her face, so don't know which one it was.  A Benedictine nun has been the superior for about three years now.  Does anyone know if they have elected a PCPA as abbess?

I believe that is Sr. Mary Michael, she is now the Vicar, can't see her face so no absolutely sure. With her is Sr. Mary Gabriel. 

Blessings!

Totally Franciscan

So no abbess yet?  I didn't know that Sr. Mary Michael was Vicar.  Learn something new every day!  Thanks Marie and welcome to Vocation Station!

Not to digress, but since Sr. Mary Catherine (former Vicar and Novice Mistress at OLAM) left and began the Benedictine Daughters of Divine Will, I thought I could sneak this in this thread rather than beginning a new one.  Her new order (she is now Mother Gabriel) which is based in Italy, just clothed a Novice and received a new Postulant.  If you go to their website they have posted a lovely video of the history of the Order, complete with pictures of when she was a PCPA. Plus there are clothing/ceremony pics there as well.

www.benedictinesofdivinewill.org

Totally Franciscan

Thanks so much for posting this, Francis Clare.  I have gone to their website now and then, but had not seen this video.  Seems it is new.  I am grateful, as the video fills in the blanks and questions I have had as to how this community got started.  Now I am so wonderfully surprised that a men's community is in the works.  God is good!

Isn't that video beautiful!!!  Wondering if any former PCPA's from Hanceville will join Mother Gabrielle and her sisters.  They certainly do look like a happy family as is mentioned in the video story.  I stay a bit in touch with them via email.   My dream is to visit them when I retire in a year or so.  Please pray with me that that will be God's will.

Marie Villalovos Smith

Isn't that video beautiful!!!  Wondering if any former PCPA's from Hanceville will join Mother Gabrielle and her sisters.  They certainly do look like a happy family as is mentioned in the video story.  I stay a bit in touch with them via email.   My dream is to visit them when I retire in a year or so.  Please pray with me that that will be God's will.

Sr. Rose who was temporarily professed, and Sr. Alessadra who was a postulant were both from Hanceville PCPA's. Those are the only one's that I'm aware of.

Pax 

Totally Franciscan

When Sr. Alessandra entered the Benedictines, I said to myself that I had seen her someplace, now I know where!  Thanks Marie.

Marie Villalovos Smith

Don't know why it keeps double posting...oh well..we will survive :flex2:  

Kayte Postle

Don't know why it keeps double posting...oh well..we will survive :flex2:  

It happens every so often on pm. It usually occurs when you post, but it takes so long and then hit the reply button twice. Don't worry it happens to us all!