An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Postulant Olam

Marie Villalovos Smith

I went back to watch the  video again and picked up my factoid of the day....When Mother Gabrielle (formerly St. Mary Catherine) entered the PCPA's in 1978 she was 33.  Fast forward to 2013, that would make her emm...68 years old this year!  A Foundress who is approaching 70.  Who says us seniors can't do amazing things  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:

I seem to remember in a post not too far back that someone commented on how the guimpe/wimple/headgear/habit makes the wearer appear ageless.  Absolutely correct......

I went back to watch the  video again and picked up my factoid of the day....When Mother Gabrielle (formerly St. Mary Catherine) entered the PCPA's in 1978 she was 33.  Fast forward to 2013, that would make her emm...68 years old this year!  A Foundress who is approaching 70.  Who says us seniors can't do amazing things  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:

I seem to remember in a post not too far back that someone commented on how the guimpe/wimple/headgear/habit makes the wearer appear ageless.  Absolutely correct......

OnlySunshine

I believe it's because you can't see their hair color!  I knew a Sister from the Carmelites I planned to enter in 2009 who was also the Postulant Mistress.  We went to go pick up a baby who was sick at the hospital and take him back to the group home.  She had to show her ID to the nurses before they would discharge them.  I happened to glance at it and saw she was born in the 1960s.  It really surprised me because she was in her late 40s but she didn't look older than 30!  She had a youthful glow.  Their Novice Mistress had silvery gray hair that peeked out from under her veil but her face didn't show her age.  She barely had any wrinkles.  She must have good genes or something.  :hehe:

The Novice Mistress - Sr. Immaculata

sisImaculata.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't find a front view picture of the Postulant Mistress' face - only a side view but it shows a bit how she doesn't look 40.  In fact, going by this picture alone, I'd say she wasn't older than 30!

The Postulant Mistress - Sr. Annunciata (in the full habit)

postulants-invested0209.png

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

• 2 weeks later...

That's why I prefer headgear that covers all of my head like Mother Angelica's!! (Found my first silver hair at 26)