An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pray For The New Guys, Please

Luigi

St. Bernard Abbey in Cullman, Alabama ( American Cassinese congregation) had  two men enter in January this year. Additionally, one novice will take first vows on August 15, and two men will take final vows August 17.

http://stbernardmonks.blogspot.com/

The South will rise again! 

Edited by Luigi

Five new priest have been ordained in the Diocese of Covington. Please pray especially for one of them who just had a near death diabetic seizure two weeks before his ordination. He did not know he was diabetic so it was quite scary for him and his family. 

+TJTM

Jesuits of the Missouri Province have received seven novices this year. Two of them are 19! I didn't think anybody took novices that young! But one of them is 44! So he's been alive longer than both 19-year-olds put together.

http://www.jesuitsmissouri.org/act/cam_2012Novices_firstyear.cfm

The Jesuits have a two-year novitiate, so these are the first-year novices. They also have eleven second year novices, who - of course, entered last year. 

A good friend is being clothed as a Franciscan Novice (OFM) on Aug 15 (today) at 4pm Wisconsin time.  There is a small herd of them from all over the US, Mexico, Australia and Singapore.  They range from young 20's to upper 50's!  

Please pray for them... will post more when I have pix and better info!!!  

St. Bernard Abbey in Cullman, AL received SIX new postulants on August 14. In the following few days, one man made simple vows and two men made final vows. That's a whole lotta monks! They have a Facebook page - you can check it out for pictures.

praying...  when I entered I hated the word "postulant" because it made me feel like a pustule that needed to be popped. Although with as many missteps as I made in those first weeks the description sometimes seemed apt!

praying...  when I entered I hated the word "postulant" because it made me feel like a pustule that needed to be popped. Although with as many missteps as I made in those first weeks the description sometimes seemed apt!

You are (or were) free associating words based on sound rather than etymology. A postulant is one who postulates. The -ant ending on many English words comes in from French, where -ant/-ent equals English -ing. So a postulant is postulating the theory(?) that she has a religious vocation. 

But you probably knew all that already, and it didn't stop you from free associating. Ain't brains interesting? 

AccountDeleted

:pray:

Actually I preferred postulant to the newer word they are using in some Carmels, 'formandee' :shock: the Novice Mistress has become the formator and the Postulant or Novice becomes the formandee. Ugly words to me. :x