An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pray For The New Guys, Please

Luigi

Yes, not the most attractive of words! I like the Solesmes Benedictine titles of Zelator/Zelatrix for assistant novice master/mistress!

Hey I agree Formator and Formatee is HORRIBLE!!!!  But I guess it could have been 'Extruder' and 'Extrudee' or something... :eek:

I think Zealtor/Zealtrix have been around a LONG time...

in my Secular Order they keep trying to get us to use 'Formator' and talk about people being in 'Formation I' and 'Formation II' but everyone just calls us the "Formation Director' and people in FI and F2 as  'Novices' or 'Temp Professed'.   Sometimes the silly language just goes too far.... and then common sense clicks in.  One would HOPE!!!!!

Funny and true story... one of the novice friars at my parish started calling me 'Father Master' after they visited our community for a reception into Formation... which I thought was FUNNY AS HECK!   (English was his second language, and I don't think the realized that you wouldn't call a woman 'FATHER Master'!   And no one calls me 'Mother Mistress' --- trust me!   he he he

Belmont Abbey in North Carolina now has four novices. Three were received recently and one had been received somewhat earlier.

Belmont hasn't updated its webpage in over a year, so I was reduced to hunting them up on Facebook. Which isn't terrible, but you have to scroll endlessly to find anything worthwhile.  

Welll.... Phatmass isn't the only server having problems.  :(

The Western Dominicans received their new novices last week AND 4 of last year's novices made their professions on Saturday, August 31st...

... but the Western Province's website is down. :(         So...no pictures!

We can still pray for them, and you can watch for the info to magically appear once the servers are feeling up to snuff....

http://www.opwest.org

I'll be back with photos as soon as they are up!!!