An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mysterious Priest Performs Miracle At Site Of Mercedes Crash

ReinnieR

PhuturePriest

In cases of emotional distress...it happens...and obviusly this guy was able to dodge officers asking him his business there as well as any photos.  

Oh, of course people can't see things and have it be fake...those girls in Salem were so witches.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/07/scientist-have-figured-out-how-give-mice-false-memories/67641/

D'aww. Is someone having a bad day?

D'aww. Is someone having a bad day?

Umm...wow, I point out a totally logical and reasonable conclusion based on the facts and not some emotional hanky story, and I get back an equal measure of illogical personal comment....guess I should of expected that on this sort of board.

KnightofChrist

Umm...wow, I point out a totally logical and reasonable conclusion based on the facts and not some emotional hanky story, and I get back an equal measure of illogical personal comment....guess I should of expected that on this sort of board.

I don't see the logic or reason to believe that the people on the scene suffered mass delusion. The link you posted is about how Scientist implanting false memories into mice. Are you suggesting that someone implanted false memories into the people on the scene?  I don't see how invoking the Salem Witch Trials is related to this case. The persons accused of being witches actually existed, no mass delusions of people seeing imaginary beings.

Edited by KnightofChrist

I don't see the logic or reason to believe that the people on the scene suffered mass delusion. The link you posted is about how Scientist implanting false memories into mice. Are you suggesting that someone implanted false memories into the people on the scene?  I don't see how invoking the Salem Witch Trials is related to this case. The persons accused of being witches actually existed, no mass delusions of people seeing imaginary beings.

The persons accused of being witches were also seen flying, running through fields faster than humans could, and turing into cats.

The false memory article is to show that indeed, false memories are possible.

And a good person would not abandon the scene of an accident...so even if they all saw a person it dosn't mean it was the same one the whole time, and it dosn't make him any more real.

If there was indeed one person the whole time, he was some kind of covert ninja and walked away when he should of been "morally" obligated to stay.

KnightofChrist

Also I do see the link does talk about individuals creating false memories, but not groups of people.

KnightofChrist

The persons accused of being witches were also seen flying, running through fields faster than humans could, and turing into cats.

And a good person would not abandon the scene of an accident...so even if they all saw a person it dosn't mean it was the same one the whole time, and it dosn't make him any more real.

If there was indeed one person the whole time, he was some kind of covert ninja and walked away when he should of been "morally" obligated to stay.

Ok, your doubts have been noted. Thank you for this information.

Ok, your doubts have been noted. Thank you for this information.

My doubts?  As if I'm the only one thinking them.  Wow...that's a bit advantageous, don't you think?

PhuturePriest

3oww4o.jpg

3oww4o.jpg

Seriously?  Are you 5?  Even I think that you can do a bit better on your need to make an emotional response than a quote from a children's movie.

HisChildForever

The people who claimed such women were "witches" were lying for one reason or another. Either they were jealous of the women or had something to gain from their execution. Perhaps they did so to save themselves - no one would suspect a woman of being a witch if a witch cast a spell on her (or some such reasoning).

You're also assuming the priest witnessed the accident. There's a huge difference between being a witness to an accident and seeing the results of an accident almost an hour later. What could he possibly tell officials, other than "yes, it was a horrible wreck"?

PhuturePriest

Seriously?  Are you 5?  Even I think that you can do a bit better on your need to make an emotional response than a quote from a children's movie.

Elf is a family movie, not a children's movie. I will disregard your insult to that wonderful film because I know you are simply ignorant and have probably never seen it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the Gumdrop Forest.

The people who claimed such women were "witches" were lying for one reason or another. Either they were jealous of the women or had something to gain from their execution. Perhaps they did so to save themselves - no one would suspect a woman of being a witch if a witch cast a spell on her (or some such reasoning).

You're also assuming the priest witnessed the accident. There's a huge difference between being a witness to an accident and seeing the results of an accident almost an hour later. What could he possibly tell officials, other than "yes, it was a horrible wreck"?

There is evidance that some people REALLY believed what they saw.  They speculate that it was a bad crop of bread mold.

No, I'm not assuming the priest saw the accident.  If you come across an accident and cannot help, then yes, that's all he could say.  But he was interacting with the woman and any information he could give about her condition would of been of vital importance to the EMT's as well as anything that she told him being used to help the poliece figure out how the crash occured.  You don't go around speaking to victims all willy nilly unless you plan to stick around and help out either medically or emotinally or "spiritually" as it may be.

KnightofChrist

My doubts?  As if I'm the only one thinking them.  Wow...that's a bit advantageous, don't you think?

I'm trying to find the nicest way to inform you I don't agree with you, and I don't find you're logic very sound. I don't believe in mass delusions where people all see the same imagination. It seems more reasonable to believe that the eye-witnesses on the ground seen what they say they saw, a priest come from no where and pray out load with the young lady then disappear. Who he was, where he came from and how he got there is an unknown. But he was seen by a number of people. You seem to be going back and forth from this man never existed in the first place to he was there and broke the law.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Elf is a family movie, not a children's movie. I will disregard your insult to that wonderful film because I know you are simply ignorant and have probably never seen it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the Gumdrop Forest.

It's a children's movie, and I have seen it.  It was cute enough.

I'm not insulting the move, just saying you're insulting yourself by using a movie rather than actual logic.