An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mysterious Priest Performs Miracle At Site Of Mercedes Crash

ReinnieR

KnightofChrist

Being thanked is not the reason to stay around.  All observers during and post accident are important.  He should be aware of this if priests do these sort of things often.  And what is the woman going to do...write him a thank you card?  for real?  If a person is so afraid of a little thank you note that they run away from the scene of an accident than maybe they shouldn't be in ministry.

I don't see why in the world you are so concerned about it and why you are nitpicking so much about this. Let the Police handle it, and so far I don't see them being upset about his leaving, they just want to find him to thank him. Not ticket him or somehow punish him.

CatholicsAreKewl

Interesting article... i'm kinda confused though. Aren't Catholics more careful about accepting these sorts of stories? I mean, a lot of weird stuff has been reported in Medjugorje and those claims are still treated skeptically.

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

Spem in alium

Whoever this priest was and wherever he came from, I believe he acted with incredible humility and compassion and truly eased this girl's suffering. And to me, that's a miracle in itself.

I love this story and have shared it (and the USA today article) with others.  Thank you Reinnier for posting it.

You're welcome

I haven't been here in a while.

I see we gained some trolls. NICE!!

Ash Wednesday

Some say it was an angel. I don't think angels appear as priests. I believe it may have been a saint. He was described as having an accent which I find interesting.

Even if it was just a humble priest that doesn't want to be known, it's a great story. I'm laughing at anyone that wants to get all huffy about it.

Ash Wednesday

Interesting article... i'm kinda confused though. Aren't Catholics more careful about accepting these sorts of stories? I mean, a lot of weird stuff has been reported in Medjugorje and those claims are still treated skeptically.

I think apparition sites tend to have messages associated with them, and that tends to get a bishop involved, things like this where it's juat a one-time story of interest generally doesn't warrant investigation. The priest just showed up and gave consolation and ministered as a priest but other than this people can probably draw their own conclusions.

Even if it was a priest that was there at the right place and right time and humbly chooses not to come forward, it's heartwarming and has a happy ending!

Semper Catholic

Welcome to Phatmass.

Step  1: Propose logical discussion that may disagree with popular opinion

Step 2: Get derailed by meme's and cat gifs

Step 3: ?????

Step 4: Surprise you're now Catholic

Ash Wednesday

Some witnesses said the composite wasn't accurate to them, others described him as looking a little like Walter Matthau which I couldn't help but find a little funny. The theory of bilocation is an interesting one. There certainly are living saints among us we don't know about.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

LouisvilleFan

True. The people who are most skeptical of miracles are those who investigate them for the possible canonization of a saint.

In this case, it's a neat story, and at the very least it's miraculous in the sense that a priest shows up at the moment the girl asks the crew for prayer. Whether he walked half a mile and they were too distracted to notice, or God directly intervened to send an angel or a miracle of bi-location (like St. Padre Pio) we can't pretend to know. Even the eyewitnesses don't seem sure.

KnightofChrist

A rational explanation? Shocking.

Well yes it has a rational and natural explanation, but just to make a point real miracles aren't irrational just because they are supernatural. Well to everyone that isn't a materialist.