An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dust And The Phorum's Glitchyness? Donations Needed?

Aloysius

KnightofChrist

Only about a gig.

Wow that's nothing, I imagined 20+ gb. Transferring it from FTP to computer to FTP shouldn't be a problem. But ask invision (duh). The link you posted seemed to suggest perhaps they'll transfer the files for you.

8792.gif

It would be totally hilarious if, instead of putting up the usual error page when something on the phorum goes wrong, this showed up instead.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm technologically retarded.

I have not had a single page error since you asked, but I will let you know after a night of work. It is usually worst of all on my phone.

Definitely seems better, dUSt.

Last night (well, super-early this morning if you prefer) I did get one bad gateway... but it has been averaging one GOOD gateway for weeks now, so this is a HUGE improvement. Was able to get the 'AnneLine FLYLady thread' updated in a mere 15 minutes rather than 3 hours!!!!

And....

And have you ever heard of the Hawthorne Effect???? 

The term was coined in 1950 by Henry A. Landsberger when analysing older experiments from 1924–1932 at the Hawthorne Works (a Western Electric factory outside Chicago). Hawthorne Works had commissioned a study to see if its workers would become more productive in higher or lower levels of light. The workers' productivity seemed to improve when changes were made and slumped when the study was concluded. It was suggested that the productivity gain occurred due to the impact of the motivational effect on the workers as a result of the interest being shown in them.

This effect was observed for minute increases in illumination. In these lighting studies, light intensity was altered to examine its effect on worker productivity. Most industrial/occupational psychology and organizational behavior textbooks refer to the illumination studies. Only occasionally are the rest of the studies mentioned.

Although illumination research of workplace lighting formed the basis of the Hawthorne effect, other changes such as maintaining clean work stations, clearing floors of obstacles, and even relocating workstations resulted in increased productivity for short periods. Thus the term is used to identify any type of short-lived increase in productivity.

Evaluation of the Hawthorne effect continues in the present day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorne_effect

Just knowing you are trying to fix it makes a HUGE difference to all of us.... and we are praying for you....

Edited by AnneLine

things do seem very much better, thanks dUSt!  even though I did absolutely nothing and contributed not even any knowledge to this, I feel like I can take credit for starting this thread.  lol :P

btw, so you clearly updated something which probably made it cost more, yes?  so I think someone out there who has some means might be thankful enough to donate, yes?  (and if anyone does donate now, I will of course deserve all the more credit for sitting on my lazy butt and posting this message)

We went from a $50/month package to a $75/month package.

The chat room cost $1.67/month (lol, that seams cheap).

The Invision software costs $2.09/month.

That's about $78.76 a month to keep the phorum running.

I've attached a screenshot of our current monthly donors (THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!):

[attachment=3198:pm-donors.gif]

Total monthly donations add up to $87 a month.

Looks like we're good!!!

AccountDeleted

Details?

Well, right now, for example, I don't see the function for 'mark community read' (or whatever the exact wording is) so that I can mark everything read and then check back to see the new posts in bold.

Also, perhaps you disabled it but although we can give props - whyfor ? We can't see the feature on our profiles that tells us how many props we have or what our ranking is eg  angel, cherubim etc.

And on my screen at least, where it says who propped the post, it appears invisible until I highlight it then I can see it in red. Weird.

How it appears to me:

How it is really:

So nothing major, but little things.