An Old School Catholic Message Board

Older Vocations?

inunionwithrome

AccountDeleted

Contemplative/Active and US

Well, check on the IRL website and look at the section that says, 'Accept late vocations' and it will say yes or no or individual cases etc.

You are not yet considered  'old' for a religious vocation if you are only 31 so I wouldn't worry too much about the age. The first consideration should be trying to decide which spiritualties or charisms attract you and what type of work. If you don't have a spiritual director, try contacting the Vocations Director in your diocese and see if they can recommend one for you.

Another good site is the CMSWR  http://cmswr.org/

Edited by nunsense

Does anyone know of any Women Religious communties that accept those 31 and older?

Thanks!

BTW, I would highly recommend the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal.  They are a joyful, vibrant order and they accept women up to 35.  You also do not need a college degree to join them. 

If you need any assistance looking for a specific ministry or order, let me know.  I'd be happy to help.  :)

A lot of communities take women up to 40, sometimes 45.  You just have to look.

I don't know what your spirituality is, but I do recommend the Disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.  They are contemplative/active, and have had a steady stream of vocations for years.  Website: www.dljc.org

Just so you know, a lot of the communities that say "18-30" allow exceptions on a personal basis. If you feel called somewhere, don't let that qualification stop you from putting yourself out there.

I found Mater's to be one of the most thoroughly researched, most informational on belated vocations bar none!!! Love the that they are all there on one page!! Of course if you find another community that has slipped by her, please let her know so that she can add it! The more choices the better chances us mature women have!!!

I found Mater's to be one of the most thoroughly researched, most informational on belated vocations bar none!!! Love the that they are all there on one page!! Of course if you find another community that has slipped by her, please let her know so that she can add it! The more choices the better chances us mature women have!!!

God gave me a gift.  How I use it is my gift back to Him.  All for Him!  :)

inunionwithrome

Thank you for all of your hard work, answers, and information. A college degree is certainly a concern. Technically,

I am a certified cake decorater, but do not get to use that skill much. I do have a high school diploma however, and

am willing to learn. God Bless as you already have/are discerning your vocation as well.