An Old School Catholic Message Board

Older Vocations?

inunionwithrome

Catherine Therese

(Ooops, didn't realize that this thread had two pages... I've seen the time for which my reply would have been useful has passed! Prayers for your retreat :) )

• 2 weeks later...
inunionwithrome

Prayefully, after they return, I will visit the Daughters of Mary, Mother of Israel's Hope in Tulsa, OK. I am also going for an Oblate afternoon on Saturday with the Queen of Peace Benedictines here in NC. their website is http://www.qopbenedictines.com. They accept women up to age 39

Are the Daughter of Mary back from their year in France already?  My, how time flies!  I pray both your visits bring you closer to God's will for you. Ok, I see where you say, after they return, lol

Edited by inperpetuity

inunionwithrome

No, the Daughters of Mary have just begun their year in France. They will not return until before Christmas 2014.

Ok, I'm curious.. what are the sisters doing in France? Are they staying with a specific community? :)

According to their website, they are staying a year in France for formation with a Benedictine community (Mother House of the Servantes des Pauvres in Angers).  Since they are a newer community, this is the norm.  ;)

brandelynmarie

Very :cool:...that's wonderful. It's been really neat to watch this fledgling community grow & change...it will be neat to see what they learn while they are in France. :french:

inunionwithrome

I am going to start attending monthly Oblate meetings and have been invited to stay (just me) with the Sisters for a weekend around Christmas! : ) So, excited! We prayed the Evening Liturgy in Latin! Mucho excito!

I am going to start attending monthly Oblate meetings and have been invited to stay (just me) with the Sisters for a weekend around Christmas! : ) So, excited! We prayed the Evening Liturgy in Latin! Mucho excito!

Which order are you looking into?  So great that you are praying in Latin!  I am learning Classical Latin for my foreign language in my 4-year university and I'm loving it so much (I have an A in the class).  I'm taking Beg. Latin I this semester and I'm taking Latin II next semester (Spring 2014).  :)

• 9 years later...
inunionwithrome

Because of many personal and health issues, I was able to discern to make Private Vows as a Consecrated Virgin Living in the World. I still struggle with this decision, but know it was for the best. It has not been easy but with the help of the Holy Spirit, I am able to do as well as I can according to my abilities