Gabriela Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 Then you just get into a middle school popularity contest conundrum. No, sir, that's what "Props" are. This voting system idea is about being Christlike.
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 (edited) Then you just get into a middle school popularity contest conundrum. And to many sweet treats rot your teeth and are a major cause of diabetes. :) I'm poor i can't afford the dentist bill :P Edited October 18, 2013 by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye
blazeingstar Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 No, sir, that's what "Props" are. This voting system idea is about being Christlike. But a violation is a clear error against the rules....whereas being nice and Christlike is very subjective. Christ both healed the beggar and overturned the tables.
blazeingstar Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 And to many sweet treats rot your teeth and are a major cause of diabetes. :) I'm poor i can't afford the dentist bill :P Sometimes I wonder if the posts travel through a different dimension to get to you.
Anastasia13 Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 Sometimes I wonder if the posts travel through a different dimension to get to you. He speaks Aussie. We speak Americano.
EmilyAnn Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 Huh. This is a good idea, actually. If people can get warned for being jerks, they should also be able to get something for being exceptionally Christlike. Although that would make more work for the mods. Maybe it could be something like "props" that people could use to "nominate" or "elect" the person for, and then the mods could review it when a certain number of people had "nominated"/"elected"? You mean...like the Church Militant tags?
Gabriela Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 But a violation is a clear error against the rules....whereas being nice and Christlike is very subjective. Christ both healed the beggar and overturned the tables. You have a point. But that's where the "minimum threshold" of votes comes in. Cliques around here aren't that big.
Gabriela Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 You mean...like the Church Militant tags? Seriously, those indicate someone who's particularly Christlike? I'd have never figured that out. I was referring to particular contributions to the forum (like, a series of posts in a thread or something) that could earn someone bonus points, like a positive version of a warning. A warning gets you recognized—in a bad way. This would get you recognized—in a good way.
Era Might Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 You have a point. But that's where the "minimum threshold" of votes comes in. Cliques around here aren't that big. Except for the Van Buren Boys. They've run Phatmass since 2005.
r2Dtoo Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 Except for the Van Buren Boys. They've run Phatmass since 2005. I always knew phatmass was just a couple of guys with multiple accounts talking to themselves. Keep up the good work Boys.
The Bus Station Posted October 19, 2013 Posted October 19, 2013 Resurrexi. His time on Phatmass was an era unto itself. I have not split an infinitive since.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 19, 2013 Posted October 19, 2013 Resurrexi. His time on Phatmass was an era unto itself. I have not split an infinitive since. Turns out that split infinitives are not forbidden in English anyway. Who knew, eh? Not him. :idontknow:
CatherineM Posted October 19, 2013 Posted October 19, 2013 I miss the debates Hasan had with Madam V.
blazeingstar Posted October 19, 2013 Posted October 19, 2013 You have a point. But that's where the "minimum threshold" of votes comes in. Cliques around here aren't that big. Given the opportunity, they could be, and especially that ageism could come into play. There are several strong friendships here based on age/state in life that could sway voting
Nunsense Posted October 19, 2013 Posted October 19, 2013 Given the opportunity, they could be, and especially that ageism could come into play. There are several strong friendships here based on age/state in life that could sway voting And given the opportunity, it could be that love wins out and potential problems don't manifest. Smile, it makes your friends happy and confuses your enemies! :)
Anastasia13 Posted October 19, 2013 Posted October 19, 2013 How do I get on this list? Just talk poo like you are a flooping arse portal, and after enough croutons, those beeshes may finally change your flooping status with a warning. oh my goodness, I cannot get one beaver dam post through with vulgarity. I love fiddlers-they play the best folk songs.
Moosey Posted October 19, 2013 Posted October 19, 2013 When considering who I should ban from the phorum, I decided to take a look at our warning history--just to see if any names popped out at me for consideration. So, I present to you, the public, the most warned members of phatmass: catholicinsd - 29 Hasan, Hassan - 28 Winchester - 25 sidemunch88 - 24 Resurrexi - 23 Budge - 23 Socrates - 22 ardillacid - 22 ChrisZewe, Chris Zewe - 22 ICTHUS - 21 jaime - 18 Justin86 - 18 Phazzan - 16 Jesus_lol - 15 CatholicCrusader - 14 dairygirl4u2c - 14 amarkich 14 ironmonk 13 Josh 13 mortify 12 HisChildForever 12 Nathan 11 tardis ad astra 11 Hananiah 11 Good Friday 11 Phatmasser777 11 Mr.Cat 11 KnightofChrist 11 Bruce S 10 Madame Vengier 10 OraProMe 10 Nihil Obstat 10 Cow of Shame 10 Congratulations! Tread lightly. Yay! My trouble maker husband is on this list! So proud.
hoosieranna Posted October 20, 2013 Posted October 20, 2013 Several of my favorite PMers are on this list. Not sure what that says about the company I keep.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now