An Old School Catholic Message Board

Aclu Sues American Catholic Bishops

Luigi

Talk to mommy, what immoral thing is the mean old executive branch, half of congress and half of the courts trying to make you do? 

Where have you been, btw?  Haven't seen your snark on any threads for a few days.  You out of pocket or just practicing self-restraint?

I will also add that what happened in this case, the hospital went against directive 27.  So, the hospital is not following it's own directives. 

It must be so hard to be a believing Christian in a country where the overwhelming majority of the populations a also composed of believing Christians along with almost the entirety of the political class.

But are they Catholic? Because what makes sense to the Protestants might not go down well on the other side of the Tiber. Catholics always have been a minority in a historically Protestant America. That of course presents difficulties.

Savvy, be it as it may, the ACLU in either case has no grounds to sue the USCCB. It's a publicity stunt using someone's tragic death to gin up anti-Catholic feeling amongst our Protestant neighbors. No, I don't think of this as persecution per se. Not yet, anyway.

It must be so hard to be a believing Christian in a country where the overwhelming majority of the populations a also composed of believing Christians along with almost the entirety of the political class.  

I don't know what "believing Christian" means, but if you mean "practicing Christian" then that statement would be false.

I don't know what "believing Christian" means, but if you mean "practicing Christian" then that statement would be false.

A believing Christian is somebody who believes in the Christian religion.  And the overwhelming majority of Americans include prayer in their daily lives.  Those prayers are mostly being directed to the Christian God.  Are most people as pious as your like?  No.  Every society has it's own self appointed Taliban to constraint lay look down on the less fervent believers in their respective superstitions.  But that idea that Christians are under siege in the country is repulsive lay self-serving and self-indulgent.  

Where have you been, btw?  Haven't seen your snark on any threads for a few days.  You out of pocket or just practicing self-restraint?

I've just been doin what I do, baby.  Just doin what I do.