Ancilla Domini Posted December 9, 2013 Posted December 9, 2013 (edited) Rules of the Game: 1. A person posts a quote from a movie or a book. 2. The others try to guess from which movie/book the quote is taken. 3. Whoever manages to guess the movie/book correctly gets to post the next quote. I'll start, I guess: "You despise me, don't you?" "If I gave you any thought, I probably would." P.S. I generally watch older movies, so my movie quotes will not be from 21st century movies. – 'Cilla Edited December 9, 2013 by Ancilla Domini
AnneLine Posted December 9, 2013 Posted December 9, 2013 I have no idea what your quote is from, 'Cilla, but I think it is a great game!!!
Ancilla Domini Posted December 10, 2013 Author Posted December 10, 2013 (edited) I have no idea what your quote is from, 'Cilla, but I think it is a great game!!! It's pretty fun. I hope that it catches on and a lot of people play it. :) – Cilla Edited December 10, 2013 by Ancilla Domini
Julie de Sales Posted December 10, 2013 Posted December 10, 2013 Rules of the Game: 1. A person posts a quote from a movie or a book. 2. The others try to guess from which movie/book the quote is taken. 3. Whoever manages to guess the movie/book correctly gets to post the next quote. I'll start, I guess: "You despise me, don't you?" "If I gave you any thought, I probably would." P.S. I generally watch older movies, so my movie quotes will not be from 21st century movies. – 'Cilla If I searched the answer on Google it doesn't count, isn't it?
Ancilla Domini Posted December 10, 2013 Author Posted December 10, 2013 If I searched the answer on Google it doesn't count, isn't it? Haha! No, I don't think that counts. You have to know it. It's been a day now, though. I could post another quote if no one knows this one. =)
AnneLine Posted December 10, 2013 Posted December 10, 2013 I think you put the bar too high for us, 'Cilla! Would like to play, but I have NO idea what that quote is from!
Ancilla Domini Posted December 10, 2013 Author Posted December 10, 2013 I think you put the bar too high for us, 'Cilla! Would like to play, but I have NO idea what that quote is from! haha! Alrighty, then. Here's a different one. Hopefully it'll be easier. :) (The first one was from "Casablanca," 1942) "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
AnneLine Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Oh my... I know where "I" got that quote -- one of the San Francisco disc jockeys used to use it as a catch line any time a new 'caller' called up -- they had to take the pledge, solemnly repeating after him... "I Don Gotta Show you.... No Stinking Badges!" At the time (I was probably in high school?) I didn't KNOW it was a movie quote -- I just thought it was FUNNY! IS it from Blazing Saddles?
Ancilla Domini Posted December 11, 2013 Author Posted December 11, 2013 Oh my... I know where "I" got that quote -- one of the San Francisco disc jockeys used to use it as a catch line any time a new 'caller' called up -- they had to take the pledge, solemnly repeating after him... "I Don Gotta Show you.... No Stinking Badges!" At the time (I was probably in high school?) I didn't KNOW it was a movie quote -- I just thought it was FUNNY! IS it from Blazing Saddles? Nope. It's older than that. :D If no one guesses this, then someone else can have a go at posting a quote. Someone's got to know this one, though. :anyone:
AnneLine Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 :oops: Well... I didn't check it on the internet, so I didn't cheat! But I agree.... someone must know!
Ancilla Domini Posted December 11, 2013 Author Posted December 11, 2013 :oops: Well... I didn't check it on the internet, so I didn't cheat! But I agree.... someone must know! It was a good guess, though. I think that the quote was recycled and used in Blazing Saddles. (Modified a tad, though.)
AnneLine Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 oooooh... so I get a half point, maybe? ;)
Ancilla Domini Posted December 11, 2013 Author Posted December 11, 2013 (edited) oooooh... so I get a half point, maybe? ;) Haha! Ok, go ahead and post another quote. It'll pick up the pace a little. :proud: Shall I say from what movie that was, or should I leave it forever unknown? :D Edited December 11, 2013 by Ancilla Domini
BG45 Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Growing up with my dad being the western buff he is....is it something something Sierra?
Ancilla Domini Posted December 11, 2013 Author Posted December 11, 2013 Growing up with my dad being the western buff he is....is it something something Sierra? YES! Now see if you can fill in the blanks. ;)
Ancilla Domini Posted December 11, 2013 Author Posted December 11, 2013 Treasure on the Sierra Madre. Bingo. :proud: You get the next quote, NTP.
BG45 Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Treasure on the Sierra Madre. Thank you!! Can stop wracking the brain for it now (and never would've gotten it).
Not The Philosopher Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Alrighty; I'll keep up the old movies theme: "It's a hard world for little things."
Ancilla Domini Posted December 11, 2013 Author Posted December 11, 2013 (edited) Alrighty; I'll keep up the old movies theme: "It's a hard world for little things." I haven't a clue. But...ignorance is bliss, right? :bounce: Edited December 11, 2013 by Ancilla Domini
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now