An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quote Game

Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

Rules of the Game:

1. A person posts a quote from a movie or a book.

2. The others try to guess from which movie/book the quote is taken.

3. Whoever manages to guess the movie/book correctly gets to post the next quote.

I'll start, I guess:

"You despise me, don't you?"

"If I gave you any thought, I probably would."

P.S. I generally watch older movies, so my movie quotes will not be from 21st century movies.

– 'Cilla

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

I have no idea what your quote is from, 'Cilla, but I think it is a great game!!!

It's pretty fun. I hope that it catches on and a lot of people play it. :)

– Cilla

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Julie de Sales

Rules of the Game:

1. A person posts a quote from a movie or a book.

2. The others try to guess from which movie/book the quote is taken.

3. Whoever manages to guess the movie/book correctly gets to post the next quote.

I'll start, I guess:

"You despise me, don't you?"

"If I gave you any thought, I probably would."

P.S. I generally watch older movies, so my movie quotes will not be from 21st century movies.

– 'Cilla

If I searched the answer on Google it doesn't count, isn't it? 

Ancilla Domini

If I searched the answer on Google it doesn't count, isn't it? 

Haha! No, I don't think that counts. You have to know it. It's been a day now, though. I could post another quote if no one knows this one. =)

Ancilla Domini

I think you put the bar too high for us, 'Cilla!    Would like to play, but I have NO idea what that quote is from!

haha! Alrighty, then. Here's a different one. Hopefully it'll be easier. :) (The first one was from "Casablanca," 1942)

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

Oh my... I know where "I" got that quote -- one of the San Francisco disc jockeys used to use it as a catch line any time a new 'caller' called up -- they had to take the pledge, solemnly repeating after him... "I Don Gotta Show you.... No Stinking Badges!"

At the time (I was probably in high school?) I didn't KNOW it was a movie quote -- I just thought it was FUNNY!

IS it from Blazing Saddles?

Ancilla Domini

Oh my... I know where "I" got that quote -- one of the San Francisco disc jockeys used to use it as a catch line any time a new 'caller' called up -- they had to take the pledge, solemnly repeating after him... "I Don Gotta Show you.... No Stinking Badges!"

At the time (I was probably in high school?) I didn't KNOW it was a movie quote -- I just thought it was FUNNY!

IS it from Blazing Saddles?

Nope. It's older than that. :D If no one guesses this, then someone else can have a go at posting a quote. Someone's got to know this one, though. :anyone:

Ancilla Domini

:oops:

Well... I didn't check it on the internet, so I didn't cheat!   But I agree.... someone must know!

It was a good guess, though. I think that the quote was recycled and used in Blazing Saddles. (Modified a tad, though.)

Ancilla Domini

oooooh... so I get a half point, maybe?   ;)

Haha! Ok, go ahead and post another quote. It'll pick up the pace a little. :proud: Shall I say from what movie that was, or should I leave it forever unknown? :D

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

Growing up with my dad being the western buff he is....is it something something Sierra?

YES! Now see if you can fill in the blanks. ;)