An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quote Game

Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

Seems appropriate moment to add a little Christmas (or 4th of July) cheer into the mix... .while I think of another quote!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZsEl3QIs38[/media]

"In the three years, seven months and two weeks that I've been in the bag, that's the most extraordinary stuff I've ever tasted. It's shattering!"

Best movie EVER! :D

Just moving this to the current page..... any takers?

And for our next quote:

"Here we judge you by what you do, not by who your father was. Here you can be something. Here is the place to build a home. But it's not the land. There's always more land. It's the idea that we all have value, you and me. What we're fighting for, in the end... we're fighting for each other. Sorry. Didn't mean to preach. "

Ancilla Domini

And for our next quote:

"Here we judge you by what you do, not by who your father was. Here you can be something. Here is the place to build a home. But it's not the land. There's always more land. It's the idea that we all have value, you and me. What we're fighting for, in the end... we're fighting for each other. Sorry. Didn't mean to preach. "

It's been 2 days. Do you want to just give us the answer to that one, and post another? It doesn't look like anyone knows this one. (And I know for sure that I don't. :bounce: )

Edited by Ancilla Domini

OK... fair enough.  It's from Gettysburg -- it's part of Joshua Chamberlain's address to the mutineers at Gettysburg.   Has to be one of THE most awesome speeches I have ever heard.... and a great movie, albeit bloody at times...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZpQ5W1AV0g[/media]

OK another quote..... hm....

This refers to an item of clothing:    "The poor didn't want that one."

Spem in alium

Nicely played, yes it is.  Ugly dress, yes?    OK, your turn....

Hurrah! I love The Sound of Music. But yes, not a very nice dress... :P

Okay, how about: "You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept."

Hurrah! I love The Sound of Music. But yes, not a very nice dress... :P

Okay, how about: "You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept."

Too easy! Princess Bride.

Ancilla Domini

Too easy! Princess Bride.

Yup! :)

Well, Arfink? Your turn to post a quote, and I'd advise you do it soon, or NTP will cut the line and post a quote which none of us knows. :dance:

Very well, here is a fun one.

"If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a starship is your first, best destiny; anything else is a waste of material."

Ancilla Domini

Very well, here is a fun one.

"If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a starship is your first, best destiny; anything else is a waste of material."

Naturally, the word "starship" in the second sentence didn't give it away in the least. :D

Could this by any chance be Star Trek?