An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quote Game

Ancilla Domini

Not The Philosopher

I'm afraid I don't now this one either ... Will you ever forgive me? :notworthy:

All is forgiven, but your penance may require a Netflix account.

(seriously, I go to the theater like, only 2 or 3 times a year. I dunno how I'm able to keep pulling the rug out from under you guys)

Ancilla Domini

All is forgiven, but your penance may require a Netflix account.

(seriously, I go to the theater like, only 2 or 3 times a year. I dunno how I'm able to keep pulling the rug out from under you guys)

Haha! Well, I have a netflix account, but I only watch older movies. (And I've only been to the theatre two or three times in my life.)

Ancilla Domini

Haha! Well, I have a netflix account, but I only watch older movies. (And I've only been to the theatre two or three times in my life.)

Although this doesn't really excuse my not knowing the Rear Window quote. (I love that movie, but I haven't watched it since I was 8 or so. :( )

And all I seem to do is hang out on various Farms promoted on BBC4.....

"It'sOw and Garn that keep her in her place, not her wretched clothes and dirty face!"

No, MI<3, but you have the right country!  

This one is from a pretty well known movie!  (and definitely one to ENJOY if you haven't ever done so--would be fun to watch for Christmas!!!!)

Let's try adding another couple of quotes and see if anyone can get it... otherwise, I'll give you another tomorrow....

"There even are places where English completely disappeared!  In America they haven't used it for years!"

"... you are to stay here for the next six months learning to speak beautifully, like a lady in a florist's shop. At the end of six months you will be taken to an embassy ball in a carriage, beautifully dressed. If the king finds out you are not a lady, you will be taken to the Tower of London, where your head will be cut off as a warning to other presumptuous flower girls! If you are not found out, you shall be given a present of... uh... seven and six to start life within a lady's shop. If you refuse this offer, you will be the most ungrateful, wicked girl, and the angels will weep for you."

Best of luck to all of you!

OK, let's see if anyone else gets it... will post the answer in about 8 hours and another (hopefully easier?) quote then if no one has gotten it.   (BUT I think you'd love the movie!) (and I love All Creatures Great & Small!)

Edited by AnneLine

Ancilla Domini

No, MI<3, but you have the right country!  

This one is from a pretty well known movie!  (and definitely one to ENJOY if you haven't ever done so--would be fun to watch for Christmas!!!!)

Let's try adding another couple of quotes and see if anyone can get it... otherwise, I'll give you another tomorrow....

"There even are places where English completely disappeared!  In America they haven't used it for years!"

"... you are to stay here for the next six months learning to speak beautifully, like a lady in a florist's shop. At the end of six months you will be taken to an embassy ball in a carriage, beautifully dressed. If the king finds out you are not a lady, you will be taken to the Tower of London, where your head will be cut off as a warning to other presumptuous flower girls! If you are not found out, you shall be given a present of... uh... seven and six to start life within a lady's shop. If you refuse this offer, you will be the most ungrateful, wicked girl, and the angels will weep for you."

Best of luck to all of you!

My Fair Lady!

Ancilla Domini

"Here you are flying over so much pain and terror - and you know you can never look down. You have to look forward or you'll never get home. I ask you - what could be braver than that?"

Correct for both of you, 'Cilla and TT!!!!!   WELL DONE!

:winner:.....  :bravo:.....  :congrats: 

So.... I'll post movie clips (because I want to entice the rest of you into watching it!!!!! and then perhaps both of them get to post a new movie?  That has the advantage that maybe, just maybe, we'll get this thread really hopping!

Just to set the scene... the first scenes...

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwZKyjz58Kc[/media]

My Fair Lady:  "Why Can't the English Teach Their Children How to Speak?"

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhninL_G3Fg[/media]

And.... a link to My Fair Lady itself.... someone has provided 'English subtitles' -- because sometimes the British Speech (in all its many dialects!) can be hard to follow!  (What WOULD Professor Higgins Say?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDVMqx9mVUc

Edited by AnneLine