An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Person Below Me

Byzantine

I always want tacos

TPBM will send me money for tacos

This person will send you some money (not much, because I am poor)... and will ENJOY the tacos very much!!!!

:paco2:  :paco2:  :paco2:  :paco2:  :paco2: :eat:  :paco2:  :paco2:  :paco2:  :paco2:  :paco2:

(but will have to wait till after midnight if they have meat in them...)

The person below me....    will enjoy cheese enchiladas today!

OREMOOSE!!   I blame YOU for the craving for Mexican Food I had all Friday!   And I said a prayer for you at 1AM when I enjoyed some chicken tamales that were in my freezer!!!!!  YAY!!!!! :eat:

No, just about 7 pages left to read for Monday. But I don't want to. And I should cook dinner, and pray midday prayer, and I kind of want to procrastinate right now.

TPBM likes finding new bookstores and spending time exploring them.

Yes I do, but make sure I do NOT take my cash or credit cards with me.  If I reeeeeeealy want something I can always put it on hold and go back.

Like me, the person below me has NO SELF CONTROL when there are books involved!  :bible: :bible: :bible:

ChristinaTherese

Self control? Does that mean limiting myself to a budget, or being able to go into a bookstore and not buy anything? Because I don't know if I can do the latter. I mean, The Odyssey was so clearly begging to be my next relaxation book that I couldn't resist. But other books were calling out too, and I didn't buy them.

TPBM thinks The Odyssey sounds like relaxing reading.

Yup, I remember reading the Odyssey and enjoying it (and the Iliad!) very much.  NOT so much the Aenead.....

The person below me wouldn't be caught dead reading ANY of those for fun!

Perhaps the Aeneid or the Iliad. Didn't much like the Odyssey. Though maybe I'll give it another shot someday.

TPBM has read Beowulf.

Yes, I've read Beowulf. More than once!

The Person Below Me told their parents that they were going to "go see some friends" today and then snuck away to visit a monastery in another state. (No worries, it wasn't the parents' vehicle.)

Spem in alium

100% me. Lenten plan has gone to the dogs.

TPBM is going on holiday over Easter.

Edited by Spem in alium

OREMOOSE!!   I blame YOU for the craving for Mexican Food I had all Friday!   And I said a prayer for you at 1AM when I enjoyed some chicken tamales that were in my freezer!!!!!  YAY!!!!! :eat:

So that is why I woke up for no reason feeling as if I had SuperPowers! 

P.S. I shall take full responsibility and apologise.

Not that I know of.

TPBM's car needs an oil change.

I don't drive...so... No

TPBM Completely forgot about first friday till now!! And is happy that the sacred heart is one of divine mercy!

So that is why I woke up for no reason feeling as if I had SuperPowers! 

P.S. I shall take full responsibility and apologise.

There is NOTHING to apologize for!  My husband is grateful to you for the cheese enchiladas... and those 2AM tamales were WONDERFUL.  You'll have to blame someone else for your SuperPowers... but I am glad you felt loved & cared for as you slept!!!  GOD IS GOOD!!!!  :heart: :buddies: :heart:

TheresaThoma

I did forget about first Friday but I am very grateful for divine Mercy!

TPBM is happy that the weather is starting to warm up

AMEN Sister!!!!!

The person below me will encourage me to stop procrastinating and get something done!

TheresaThoma

YES! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! (and you know you will feel so much better once you finish it!)

TPBM is feeling like they are spamming the boards....

ChristinaTherese

Nope.

TPBM has read something by Philip Kitcher before. (The next chapter I have to read is called "Goodbye to Genesis". So... that gives you a bit of the feel. But I can totally agree with what I've read so far, and he isn't as obnoxious as Dawkins or anything.)