An Old School Catholic Message Board

Republicans And The Environment

PhuturePriest

Of course I'm speaking in general. And I never said there weren't republicans who didn't support the environment. But when I identified myself as a republican, there was a lot of pressure to make fun of environmentalists and write them off as tree-hugging dopers.

Well, I don't know WHO is pressuring you to '... make fun of environmentalists and write them off as tree-hugging dopers.' but I see no reason why you should succumb to such pressure (unless they have kidnapped you and are refusing to feed you unless you do so) and no reason why you should perpetuate such nonsense here either.

There are as many different kinds of Republicans as there are Catholics. Praise God we are not clones as human beings and there is no reason why we have to be clones in our faith or our politics.

I believe its our moral responsibility to take care of the planet God entrusted to us; just as a parent is for their child.

When jesus comes back at the end of th world and finds out we destroyed it he is gonna be like "wtf did you guys do?"

Pharmaceutical companies forcing their vaccines on the population

Muahahaha! Join us in the destruction of the world

Im too tired right now so all you get are memes

NobodyGetsSmallpoxOrPolioAnyMore.jpg

PhuturePriest

Well, I don't know WHO is pressuring you to '... make fun of environmentalists and write them off as tree-hugging dopers.' but I see no reason why you should succumb to such pressure (unless they have kidnapped you and are refusing to feed you unless you do so) and no reason why you should perpetuate such nonsense here either.

There are as many different kinds of Republicans as there are Catholics. Praise God we are not clones as human beings and there is no reason why we have to be clones in our faith or our politics.

I'm not saying you have to, I'm saying it's a prevalent feeling in the mainstream Republican party. My proof? Look at the Republican platform on things like the environment, listen to Republicans talk about it on Fox or CNN or whatever. They write off climate change as a liberal scare tactic to get votes.

I think we should be totally reckless with the environment, but also spend a ton of money on space travel and terraforming research.  I'm pretty sure if we keep doing both, then by the time we've damaged Earth beyond repair completely, we'll have developed the ability to terraform Mars into a suitable new world.  with blackjack, and hookers.

... but what if that's what we did before and that's how Mars got to be that way?   :o

PhuturePriest

I think we should be totally reckless with the environment, but also spend a ton of money on space travel and terraforming research.  I'm pretty sure if we keep doing both, then by the time we've damaged Earth beyond repair completely, we'll have developed the ability to terraform Mars into a suitable new world.  with blackjack, and hookers.

... but what if that's what we did before and that's how Mars got to be that way?   :o

But what about the lions and tigers?

Have you watched Battlestar Galactica? Im feeling like this circular bananas stuff is real.

But I absolutely LOVE the idea of new habitable planets. I just wish I would live long enough to see us go to one. :( Alas I doubt I will

PhuturePriest

Have you watched Battlestar Galactica? Im feeling like this circular bananas stuff is real.

But I absolutely LOVE the idea of new habitable planets. I just wish I would live long enough to see us go to one. :( Alas I doubt I will

I'm good with earth -- other planets don't have animals, after all.

Why not? There is no way of knowing! There is an infinite number of possibilities in the vastness of space! 

Shouldn't you be in bed or studying for the ACT or something?

PhuturePriest

Shouldn't you be in bed or studying for the ACT or something?

It's Saturday night. I'm enjoying myself.

I'm not saying you have to, I'm saying it's a prevalent feeling in the mainstream Republican party. My proof? Look at the Republican platform on things like the environment, listen to Republicans talk about it on Fox or CNN or whatever. They write off climate change as a liberal scare tactic to get votes.

You keep changing your story - you jump from hyperbole and over generalization to saying you didn't say such and such a thing.

The point is that you are tarring and feathering all Republicans with the same brush. Even if a majority of them hold one point of view, that doesn't mean that ALL of them do, and it doesn't mean that you need to worry about what others might think of you if you choose to hold some of the majority views and not all of them. Just be true to what you know is right.

PhuturePriest

You keep changing your story - you jump from hyperbole and over generalization to saying you didn't say such and such a thing.

The point is that you are tarring and feathering all Republicans with the same brush. Even if a majority of them hold one point of view, that doesn't mean that ALL of them do, and it doesn't mean that you need to worry about what others might think of you if you choose to hold some of the majority views and not all of them. Just be true to what you know is right.

Forgive me for not giving exact statistics. A majority of republicans both political candidates and pundits on the media are not for the environment. It's a fact. I've never met a republican who was, though there probably are some. I was simply questioning why so many republicans are against it. Forgive me for seeing something and questioning it.

we can bring lions and tigers... we can bring two of every animal... hopefully we can somehow throw some oceans on there too.

but I do think we should pick one animal and leave them out, like Noah probably did with unicorns, so we can turn them into some myth that no one believes could have ever existed.