An Old School Catholic Message Board

Republicans And The Environment

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

Quit trolling

I'm not trolling, it's a fact. I've never met or seen a republican who supports the environment and conservation efforts. I'm not saying they aren't out there, but everyone in the media who is a republican makes fun of conservationists and environmentalists.

which energy source achieves all of those goals with no drawbacks?

I dont think the comic is suggesting that there is a one omnipotent solution. 

But even so, if the only permissible solution youd be willing to invest in had to be 100% success in 100% of the areas then it will likely never happen so ...we should just not try? 

I'm not trolling, it's a fact. I've never met or seen a republican who supports the environment and conservation efforts. I'm not saying they aren't out there, but everyone in the media who is a republican makes fun of conservationists and environmentalists.

Because people in the media are a representative sample of the population :rolleyes:

PhuturePriest

can't we just power everything with the power of positive thinking?

I positively think if everyone thought hard about it, they would be an environmentalist and conservationist, because Steve Irwin was both, and he made being an environmentalist cool and manly, so obviously being one makes you cool and manly.

PhuturePriest

Because people in the media are a representative sample of the population :rolleyes:

I've yet to meet a republican in real life who didn't think you were a wacko hippie for being an environmentalist.

I've yet to meet a republican in real life who didn't think you were a wacko hippie for being an environmentalist.

Don't you live in a town with like 12 people?

Well, it sounds like you are saying they aren't out there. Just because you haven't met or seen them doesn't make it so. You are very young and live a somewhat limited life compared with some people. So maybe you don't have to pigeonhole all Republicans like you accuse ('everyone'?) in the media of doing?? Are you aware that you speak in gross generalities and hyperboles? Perhaps - and I'm only making a suggestion here - you don't actually know everything there is to know?

I dont think the comic is suggesting that there is a one omnipotent solution. But even so, if the only permissible solution youd be willing to invest in had to be 100% success in 100% of the areas then it will likely never happen so ...we should just not try? 

Of course I didn't say anything like that. Every energy source has its drawbacks. Nuclear has its Fukushima. Solar has its Chinese kids handling heavy metals. Oil has its Macondos. No serious environmentalist is going to argue for hydro. So what is left? Wind power? lulz

PhuturePriest

Well, it sounds like you are saying they aren't out there. Just because you haven't met or seen them doesn't make it so. You are very young and live a somewhat limited life compared with some people. So maybe you don't have to pigeonhole all Republicans like you accuse ('everyone'?) in the media of doing?? Are you aware that you speak in gross generalities and hyperboles? Perhaps - and I'm only making a suggestion here - you don't actually know everything there is to know?

Of course I'm speaking in general. And I never said there weren't republicans who didn't support the environment. But when I identified myself as a republican, there was a lot of pressure to make fun of environmentalists and write them off as tree-hugging dopers.

Politicians are whoever pays them the most $$$$

Pharmaceutical companies forcing their vaccines on the population

I moved. I've also been all around the country.

I bet. Did you enjoy San Antonio? What did you particularly like about NYC?

PhuturePriest

Pharmaceutical companies forcing their vaccines on the population

I bet. Did you enjoy San Antonio? What did you particularly like about NYC?

The joke's on you: I've never been to New York.

Burn.

Edited by FuturePriest387