An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan Sisters Of The Renewal

Ancilla Domini

PhuturePriest

Yes, they have certain steps that candidates have to take and like to take them as scheduled.  The nice thing is that these keeps everyone who enters in the same "class" and they make novitiate and vows together.  They are a very healthy community.  :)

This is not unusual - a lot of religious communities do the same.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not proposing that it's unhealthy or any of the sort. I had just never heard of it until now. All of the communities I know of just take you at the nearest time possible, and if someone enters with you, it's a bonus.

OnlySunshine

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not proposing that it's unhealthy or any of the sort. I had just never heard of it until now. All of the communities I know of just take you at the nearest time possible, and if someone enters with you, it's a bonus.

I didn't mean to suggest that's what you meant.  I just really love this community and love to promote them at every possible turn.  ;)

Thank you! :) I am planning on calling Sr. Mary Pieta again in a few weeks. Last time I spoke to her she recommended that I read "And you are Christ's" by Fr. Dubay, and of course, to continue praying about my vocation. I am reading the book this week. Then in about 10 days I am headed on a pilgrimage to Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City. I am praying that our Lady will help guide me through this process. :) Thanks again for all the info. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. And please pray for me as well!

I believe it's preferable to submit the applications before their pre-candidacy program which is two weeks in July each year.  My friend participated and they immerse you in the convent life and the apostolates.  You're basically given an inside look.  I believe this is also the time that you are given the psychological evaluation.  It used to be completed by Fr. Groeschel who is a licensed psychologist, but I'm not sure if he's still doing it since he retired from active apostolate.  Anyway, that's all I know.  I never did apply with them because I discerned I wasn't called there.  Sr. Mary Pieta could probably give you updated information.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey

So I love these sisters sooooooo much. It is my dream to be able to join them. Unfortunately I am not sure it is God's plan for me as I have such a long road ahead of me that seems full of so many  hurdles and right now it seems that I probably won't be able to discern with them.

We have a convent of sisters and a friary here in England near me and I spend a LOT of time with the sisters, they fill me with joy and show me so much love.

Sr Jacinta who was based in England has now been missioned to Ireland and I am blessed to be able to visit her and the others sisters there this autumn (fall!).

Also I have been saving up for nearly two years and God willing I am going to NYC to visit the sisters next summer! :smile3: :smile3: :smile3: :smile3: :smile3: :smile3: :smile3: .

If anyone is interested this website has some AMAZING pictures of the Final vows of Srs Ann Kateri, Felicity, Veronica and Faustina. The Investiture of Srs Mary Coleen, Bernadette Marie and Therese Marie. Also some picture of Sr Chiara who is now here with us in Enlgand (we LOVE her!)

http://cfrphotos.smugmug.com/

Anyway I could write about these sisters for hours but I won't!

Check out the photos!!!

Ancilla Domini

Hey

So I love these sisters sooooooo much. It is my dream to be able to join them. Unfortunately I am not sure it is God's plan for me as I have such a long road ahead of me that seems full of so many  hurdles and right now it seems that I probably won't be able to discern with them.

We have a convent of sisters and a friary here in England near me and I spend a LOT of time with the sisters, they fill me with joy and show me so much love.

Sr Jacinta who was based in England has now been missioned to Ireland and I am blessed to be able to visit her and the others sisters there this autumn (fall!).

Also I have been saving up for nearly two years and God willing I am going to NYC to visit the sisters next summer! :smile3: :smile3: :smile3: :smile3: :smile3: :smile3: :smile3: .

If anyone is interested this website has some AMAZING pictures of the Final vows of Srs Ann Kateri, Felicity, Veronica and Faustina. The Investiture of Srs Mary Coleen, Bernadette Marie and Therese Marie. Also some picture of Sr Chiara who is now here with us in Enlgand (we LOVE her!)

http://cfrphotos.smugmug.com/

Anyway I could write about these sisters for hours but I won't!

Check out the photos!!!

I met two girls who were volunteers, one time when I volunteered with the CFR nuns, and when I volunteered a few months later, they were invested! I didn't even know they were aspirants. :P They were really amused by how surprised I was. :smile3:

I met two girls who were volunteers, one time when I volunteered with the CFR nuns, and when I volunteered a few months later, they were invested! I didn't even know they were aspirants. :P They were really amused by how surprised I was. :smile3:

I have a terrible habit of asking too  many questions, so I probably would've interrogated them haha!! :hehe2: