Winchester Posted February 22, 2014 Author Posted February 22, 2014 Ok ... I thought winchester's post is funny. Really funny. Even propped it. The reason for asking what I did -- simple courtesy, that's all. The "edited by moderator" tag *is* a way of informing why something was edited by a moderator. And yes -- I *did* have to think twice while reading FuturePriest's post ... why? Because of the nature of the topic. However, I did not appreciate the post that was made in the Phatmass Facebook group. I felt it almost at a gossip level -- it should have been posted here. It's (insert your choice of not-so-nice-words here). So ... I am no longer part of that group. I've dealt 100% with all of the crappy gossip at my former parish. I'm not going to deal with it via facebook at all. Good form.
Lil Red Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 (edited) [mod]Public criticism of moderating team. - dUSt[/mod] Edited February 22, 2014 by dUSt
CrossCuT Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 I really dont get it all the hullabaloo. I thought her request was pretty logical. "Hey, please dont use red stuff cause its confusing for people and other mods" I agree. I thought a mod was on a rampage in that thread...Dont know why the request was worth all this. Seems like the problem is rooted in something personal and not actually about the red tag stuff.
Lil Red Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 if a phatmasser isn't bitching about the mod team, is it really phatmass? also, I think I am actually out of thyme leaves.
CrossCuT Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 if a phatmasser isn't speaking with an unpleasant disposition about the mod team, is it really phatmass? also, I think I am actually out of thyme leaves. Lol unfortunately angry members with mods tend to happen a lot on here, but I dunno...the way I took it was just a kind request to not confuse people with the red text. Made sense to me and I didnt feel it was some weird scheme or abuse of power. :idontknow: I noticed it in that thread but brushed past it after she had made her comment and didnt even think twice. So I find all this drama to be kinda cray. BUt thats just me, I havent been on here as much as others so I am not privy to all the madness that ensues. I had taken like a 4 year hiatus.
IcePrincessKRS Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 Lol unfortunately angry members with mods tend to happen a lot on here, but I dunno...the way I took it was just a kind request to not confuse people with the red text. I don't think anyone was angry. Well, until today. lol it was more "That's silly. hahahaha" Maybe Red's and my perspecitve is different because we both were mods here for nearly ten years before we resigned.
Lilllabettt Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 Lol unfortunately angry members with mods tend to happen a lot on here, but I dunno...the way I took it was just a kind request to not confuse people with the red text. Made sense to me and I didnt feel it was some weird scheme or abuse of power. :idontknow: I noticed it in that thread but brushed past it after she had made her comment and didnt even think twice. So I find all this drama to be kinda cray. BUt thats just me, I havent been on here as much as others so I am not privy to all the madness that ensues. I had taken like a 4 year hiatus. The modding has definitely been more hands on around here than it was in the past. That's annoying, if you're not used to it. I think this reaction to the red tagging request was probably a "last straw" kind of thing. Although I personally found it confusing myself.
CrossCuT Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 The modding has definitely been more hands on around here than it was in the past. That's annoying, if you're not used to it. I think this reaction to the red tagging request was probably a "last straw" kind of thing. Although I personally found it confusing myself. I probably havent been around enough to have the same perspective I guess. Either way Im not bothered by it but I dont like i when everyone gets upset. :( I know can be a huge poo too but I do my best not to be so I hope all this gets resolved and everyone is happy again!
Lil Red Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 everyone is happy again! :hehe2: :hehe2: :spike: :spike: :hehe2: :hehe2:
CrossCuT Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 :hehe2: :hehe2: :spike: :spike: :hehe2: :hehe2: Dont make me force the happy on you
SilentJoy Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 The modding has definitely been more hands on around here than it was in the past. It has? :hmmm: I'm new to Phatmass. I used to frequent other forums that were much more heavily moderated; if a post was slightly off-topic it vanished, and normal, non-troll people were frequently banned for life. I feel a lot safer spending time on Phatmass because it seems like one big, annoying, funny family.
Lil Red Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 It has? :hmmm: I'm new to Phatmass. I used to frequent other forums that were much more heavily moderated; if a post was slightly off-topic it vanished, and normal, non-troll people were frequently banned for life. I feel a lot safer spending time on Phatmass because it seems like one big, annoying, funny family. you're talking about a mob family, right?
Lil Red Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 Dont make me force the happy on you i'm a'skeered. :nono:
Aloysius Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 if the moderating has been more hands on that in the past, I'm not aware of it (except for Vocation Station, which cma was brought in to more closely monitor that because it kept blowing up in ways that poisoned the atmosphere for religious discernment). the whole point of us as mods is to do basically nothing unless absolutely necessary. anyway this definitely became much more tense than I expected. I must be living in a bubble, because as far as I know we have done barely anything compared to how active moderating was back when I was part of the bigger team, as it were, when me and L_D were the lazy mods who did nothing except for L_D going around undoing everyone's warnings :smokey:. I guess the "more hands on" stuff has just been mods making comments that feel like nanny modding to people?
CrossCuT Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 i'm a'skeered. :nono: http://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM
Vincent Vega Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 (edited) Buncha Edited by moderator -- MadameVengier whiners. Edited February 22, 2014 by USAirwaysIHS
NotreDame Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 However, I did not appreciate the post that was made in the Phatmass Facebook group. I felt it almost at a gossip level -- it should have been posted here. It's (insert your choice of not-so-nice-words here). Waaaa? There's a facebook group?
CrossCuT Posted February 22, 2014 Posted February 22, 2014 Waaaa? There's a facebook group? There is, proceed with caution.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now