Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

This weekend seems to have become a popular grievance getaway.

 

I grieve elements of my Confirmation day! I never got to know my sponsor and she didn't think to get me a kitschy present; I was Confirmed under my own name, even though I really REALLY WANTED a Confirmation Saint, because the priest hadn't been told and the coordinator never got around to printing out the nametag; the RCIA group kept loudly insisting that I would experience super-bubbly happy wonderfulness even though I knew myself better than that. Afterward they tried to make me tell them how wonderful I felt and they thought I was just teasing when I didn't come up with wonderfulness.*

 

My pickup truck gets stuck in 3 inches of snow; I was trying to leave a friend's house by a slightly sloppy wing of their driveway and got stuck pretty bad and had to call someone to tow it out. Now there's something wrong with the exhaust system and the brakes are trying to quit (again).

 

And all the jellybeans are gone.

 

Done. :smile3:

 

 

 

 

 

*Yes, I'm very very grateful for the gift of Confirmation itself, which is what really mattered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted

I feel you in a small way. I was told my Confirmation name had to be the same as my Gender so I did choose the name I wanted.

PhuturePriest
Posted

When you include my Confirmation Saint, my initials are M.A.P.S. True story.

Posted

My grievance: Aloysius is so cool that sometimes he also overshadows my own coolness. :|

 

o(^▽^)o 滚开

ChristinaTherese
Posted

I feel you in a small way. I was told my Confirmation name had to be the same as my Gender so I did choose the name I wanted.

I was told that by a friend of my brother's when I said that I was kind of confused, since my pastor hadn't mentioned having a Confirmation saint to me (he probably rightly assumed that my brother or sponsor would mention it or I already knew, which was true), and I was debating between St. Therese and St. Francis. St. Francis seems to have decided to adopt me whatever the case....

 

Posted

When you include my Confirmation Saint, my initials are M.A.P.S. True story.

 

And MAPS spelled backward is SPAM. 

 

 

 

So there you go.

PhuturePriest
Posted

And MAPS spelled backward is SPAM. 

 

 

 

So there you go.

 

This is the greatest revelation since Assassin's Creed.

Posted

You guys kill me........ :rotfl2: !

 

 

 

I was told there would be all sorts of wonderful, not at Confirmation, but at First Communion.

It didn't happen. I felt no-thing.

Made me think I was no-thing, so I didn't go up for Communion for a few weeks until a teacher noticed and asked me why, and I told her.

Thankfully she explained that not everyone feels like fireworks going off.

Grievance. No one in my family was the slightest bit interested in being my sponsor, and my mum only cared about the beautiful white dress she was making me and how it would be so much better than the other girls' dresses.

So I ended with my least fav teacher as my sponsor.

Posted

You guys kill me........ :rotfl2: !

 

 

 

I was told there would be all sorts of wonderful, not at Confirmation, but at First Communion.

It didn't happen. I felt no-thing.

Made me think I was no-thing, so I didn't go up for Communion for a few weeks until a teacher noticed and asked me why, and I told her.

Thankfully she explained that not everyone feels like fireworks going off.

Grievance. No one in my family was the slightest bit interested in being my sponsor, and my mum only cared about the beautiful white dress she was making me and how it would be so much better than the other girls' dresses.

So I ended with my least fav teacher as my sponsor.

 

Awww... :cry3:

I didn't even get a white dress...I received Confirmation/First Communion as an adult convert and I didn't get to wear a li'l white dress with a veil, I wore a horrible brown skirt and an only-slightly-less horrible blouse. And no, no fireworks, not that I expected them (even though the annoying happy people promised).

 

And were those Annoyingly Happy People there for me when their promises didn't come true? Nooooo. The Cynical I-coulda-told-you-so People were the ones to greet me in my distress, the ones who say "Well what did you EXPECT? What did you want warm-fuzzies for? Its only the Sacrament that counts, you hippy freak." I responded, "I didn't ask for warm-fuzzies; the Annoyingly Happy people foisted the base idea upon me. Why do these things always end up being my fault?"

 

 

:smile4:
 

Posted

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj8RIEQH7zA

Posted

The Pollyanna Syndrome.

 

Some people have to be relentlessly cheerful and happy about everything. :deadhorse:  :boink: Be happy! Be happy!

Posted

I was really nervous before receiving the Eucharist for the first time as an adult convert.  Afterward, I knelt at my pew to pray and thank Him that the wait was finally over when one of the other people's sponsors leaned over, "See it wasn't that bad!  How does it feel?"  Well I'm still chewing Jesus...can you give me a few lol?

PhuturePriest
Posted

No complaining about your confirmations. Mine went perfectly and was great, except I didn't feel anything because I was feeling bad about the Sacrament being invalid due to the fact that I was in mortal sin. :P

Basilisa Marie
Posted

No complaining about your confirmations. Mine went perfectly and was great, except I didn't feel anything because I was feeling bad about the Sacrament being invalid due to the fact that I was in mortal sin. :P

 

Your sacrament wasn't invalid. The sacrament just wasn't effective in your life until you went to confession. :) 

 

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2013/07/quaeritur-confirmed-but-in-state-of-sin-am-i-confirmed/

Not The Philosopher
Posted

Everyone in the streets on the way to Mass this morning was shouting and honking their horns about the hockey game. I was tired and irritable and wanted them to stop.

Ancilla Domini
Posted (edited)

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj8RIEQH7zA

 

Best

skit

ever.

 

Any problems I might have had to complain about on this thread were just solved by watching that. XD

Edited by Ancilla Domini
Posted

Cowlicks...I tried to cut my hair super-short, but when your hair is super-short, there's not much that can be done with a cowlick. I had lopsided tufts for months.

Posted

 I had lopsided tufts for months.

 

Exaggeration...I have a grievance against exaggerations.

 

It was probably just a few weeks.
 

Posted

I was really nervous before receiving the Eucharist for the first time as an adult convert.  Afterward, I knelt at my pew to pray and thank Him that the wait was finally over when one of the other people's sponsors leaned over, "See it wasn't that bad!  How does it feel?"  Well I'm still chewing Jesus...can you give me a few lol?

 

I'm the only Catholic in the family, everyone else just puts up with me. One Easter, my sister was feeling a little morbid and eschatological, so she posted on Facebook, "I don't want candy this Easter, I just need more Jesus," so I said, "I'll eat your candy then 'cause I already ate Jesus."

 

(And she replied, "BWAHAHAHAHA...")
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...