cartermia Posted February 23, 2014 Posted February 23, 2014 At my Confirmation the bishop was trying hard not to laugh (I could tell) at my Confirmation name (John Paul II) since he somewhat knows me and it was a choice. I didn't pick John Paul did! And I did have that little joy (fireworks) moment and the rest of the people who were confirmed with me said they didn't.
SilentJoy Posted February 24, 2014 Author Posted February 24, 2014 At my Confirmation the bishop was trying hard not to laugh (I could tell) at my Confirmation name (John Paul II) since he somewhat knows me and it was a choice. I didn't pick John Paul did! And I did have that little joy (fireworks) moment and the rest of the people who were confirmed with me said they didn't. HEY! This thread is for grievances, not happies. Have the decency to be aggrieved! :P
cartermia Posted February 24, 2014 Posted February 24, 2014 Sorry! I thought I was going to fall in front of the bishop since I had 2 inch wedges on. (I have fallen in front of the bishop before when I served a Confirmation with him.) :P
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted February 24, 2014 Posted February 24, 2014 (edited) I get the fuzzy feelings every eucharist, is that a :( or a :) or like whatever :disguise: , but as far as i'm aware i don't rely on them, there is the odd occasion that i don't get them, i don't always have the warm fuzzy feelings in my life though just after holy mass and the precious body and blood. Also i don't have a confirmation saint, a few years after i came back into communion with the holy roman catholic i came accross the whole confirmation saint thing because i was sponsering a friend and decided to find out whom mine was. But alas there is no record of a confirmation saint where i was confirmed, they have a record of my confirmation though. I guess the day for me is all saints day, if i play that card than i get a bit more cheery about the whole thing. I love most of the saints mostly, :P :lol: . I don't know whom i would wan't my patron saint to be, it has been suggested to me just to pick one, i haven't given it much thought yet just a little consideration, i would like to have a patron saint. I think my patron angel is Raphael. Oh, and the government is taking to long to get me a new flat. okay there are my grieviosers. Edited February 24, 2014 by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
SilentJoy Posted February 24, 2014 Author Posted February 24, 2014 Sorry! I thought I was going to fall in front of the bishop since I had 2 inch wedges on. (I have fallen in front of the bishop before when I served a Confirmation with him.) :P That's better. :like:
BG45 Posted February 24, 2014 Posted February 24, 2014 To add to Cartermia's thoughts on Bishops and laughter with her experience with the two inch wedges...during one of the things in RCIA, we had to put baptismal certificates in a binder. My Bishop was fighting back laughter at me as I tried to put it into the 3 ring binder while shaking like a leaf. I'm the only Catholic in the family, everyone else just puts up with me. One Easter, my sister was feeling a little morbid and eschatological, so she posted on Facebook, "I don't want candy this Easter, I just need more Jesus," so I said, "I'll eat your candy then 'cause I already ate Jesus." (And she replied, "BWAHAHAHAHA...") LOL. That. Is. Awesome!
Luigi Posted February 24, 2014 Posted February 24, 2014 Cowlicks...I tried to cut my hair super-short, but when your hair is super-short, there's not much that can be done with a cowlick. I had lopsided tufts for months. Happens to me every four to six weeks... for as long as I've been alive.
brandelynmarie Posted February 24, 2014 Posted February 24, 2014 I'm the only Catholic in the family, everyone else just puts up with me. One Easter, my sister was feeling a little morbid and eschatological, so she posted on Facebook, "I don't want candy this Easter, I just need more Jesus," so I said, "I'll eat your candy then 'cause I already ate Jesus." (And she replied, "BWAHAHAHAHA...") Rotfl
Ancilla Domini Posted February 24, 2014 Posted February 24, 2014 Is this just for arbitrary greivances? Well, if it is - My singing teacher gave me the absolutely gorgeous song to learn, and I *loved* it. Then I went home, and I read the words (it was in French) and realized that it subtly denied the divinity of Christ. I have to go tell her on Thursday that I can't sing it. :cry4:
SilentJoy Posted February 24, 2014 Author Posted February 24, 2014 Is this just for arbitrary greivances? Well, if it is - My singing teacher gave me the absolutely gorgeous song to learn, and I *loved* it. Then I went home, and I read the words (it was in French) and realized that it subtly denied the divinity of Christ. I have to go tell her on Thursday that I can't sing it. :cry4: Awww. :( Yes, my intention in beginning this thread was to provide adequate shelter for entirely arbitrary grievances.
Ancilla Domini Posted February 24, 2014 Posted February 24, 2014 (edited) Awww. :( Yes, my intention in beginning this thread was to provide adequate shelter for entirely arbitrary grievances. Entirely arbitrary grievances...you got it! It really makes me sad that I will never meet anyone who looks like Glenn Ford in So Ends Our Night (1941). XD (just kidding) Edited February 24, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
SilentJoy Posted February 24, 2014 Author Posted February 24, 2014 I remember when I was in my late teens, I was going through an emotional slump and I was alllll alooooone and friendless of course and I touched my tongue to my front teeth AND THEY WERE SMOOTH...I had gotten very accustomed to the jagged edges of newly-minted grownup teeth and the edges had worn away and ABANDONED ME in my distress...those slick flat things were useless now!! How was I going to open a bag of potato chips with flat teeth???
maximillion Posted February 24, 2014 Posted February 24, 2014 Talking of teeth, I never could open anything with my teeth and I was positively green with envy while I watched my peers snapping off tape, tearing open whatever and generally using their teeth for all manner of useful things. All mine were good for was eating.
maximillion Posted February 24, 2014 Posted February 24, 2014 Oh and I love my cat but his hair gets on every bit of clothing I own even though I spend 20 min brushing and combing him each day. DANG!
Ancilla Domini Posted February 24, 2014 Posted February 24, 2014 Cilla's Random Grievance #3: My mom won't let me go wing-walking, paragliding, or skydiving for my 16th birthday. Oh, humph. (I didn't expect she would. XD)
ChristinaTherese Posted February 24, 2014 Posted February 24, 2014 My parents say we can't have a puppy. That's my grievance. (Never mind that I'll have about 6 weeks home before I graduate, so it wouldn't even work for me.) And the school rules say I can't have a kitten or any other pet that doesn't live in a tank with water.
brandelynmarie Posted February 25, 2014 Posted February 25, 2014 Like a dish of water in the tank? That could open up to all sorts of possibilities :D I'm agrieved because I just lost my 3" St. Benedict medal :(
Ancilla Domini Posted February 25, 2014 Posted February 25, 2014 Cilla's Grievance #4: I wrote to my favorite tennis player and asked him for two autographs - one for me, and one for a friend of mine, who asked for the autograph for his birthday. Unfortunately, I was only given one, so I have to send it to my friend and I don't get one for myself! =(
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now